Post Your Pet

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_43675.jpg

from the pennsylvania renaissance faire this weekend

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're both Birman. Actually they're father (bottom in the first picture I posted) and daughter (top). The perspective in this photo is a bit messed up, she's almost the same height as her father, although he's ways heavier/bulkier. I was pretty lucky to get him, a local breeder was scaling down a bit, because she herself was having a baby.
And Xandro (the male cat obviously) turned into an absolute asshole after he was fooling around with the ladies, didn't get along with the other (older) male AT ALL after that. Neutering didn't help, Xandro was hell-bent on removing the competition (things got bloody apparently), so it was clear he had to go.
Yea, in talks with a couple breeders ATM - none near me, looking like this is gonna be a $2k project because of flying around and everything (and making a trip of it to legitimize flying halfway across the country) - but doing similar ATM.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, in talks with a couple breeders ATM - none near me, looking like this is gonna be a $2k project because of flying around and everything (and making a trip of it to legitimize flying halfway across the country) - but doing similar ATM.
Its your money, your life, all that jazz; but I would hope you have had some solid thought on picking up a pound mutt vs spending some percent of $2k on a cat.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I'm tempted to report my neighbor for animal neglect. Their new dog has a terrible skin condition all over its body and they do nothing about it. They never leave water out for it. It's always drinking from any dirty puddle it can find. I have to be mean to it so that it stays away from my dog, but I really hate having to do that.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Don't be tempted, do it. That shit sounds fucked up and your dog might end up catching something unless that other dog gets taken care of.

azz_inside_sl

shitlord
Ndut
rrr_img_43737.jpg

Mbe (he is male, but he's cute)
rrr_img_43738.jpg

Ndut, Mbe with Ema (mother)
rrr_img_43739.jpg

this is happy family, pic is taken month ago. but so sad now I'm lost my kitten that named Ndut since three days ago
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its your money, your life, all that jazz; but I would hope you have had some solid thought on picking up a pound mutt vs spending some percent of $2k on a cat.
It's pretty much immaterial - we want a personality type that's common in the breed and I've found a few breeders that would let us spend a few days with it before leaving to make sure it's got an adequate personality - for most of them I could swing $600 if I just had them ship rather than making a trip of it. If you knew the cat we lost and her amazing personality, you'd understand why. Plus the idea of doing cat shows (and maybe breeding in the future if we buy our new home in an area that would be friendly to breeding - MD largely is a pain in the ass to breed in, FL where we're looking looks like it might not be - wouldn't be looking to profit if we did though, just getting the breed out there and known more by people - Birmans kick tons of ass and everyone needs one, especially people who claim to "only like dogs" - they're dog-like cats the best of both worlds) has some slight appeal to it - wouldn't care about winning, just another activity to add to the list and an excuse to travel some places I probably wouldn't otherwise.

And the money is pretty much a non-issue, frankly I'd consider $10k if I knew I would be getting another healthy cat like the one we just lost - to be frank - the wife just lost her grandmother on Thursday that raised her half her life - the cat's been around a month now - she's still hurting more from the loss of the cat even with so much distance and "just being a pet".

We have been scouting local shelters and the like as well just in case we get lucky again though. (Miley was actually from craigslist herself - we've never been "breeder types" before) But so far nothing even remotely close besides a rescue in Virginia Beach for ones within any reasonable driving range - and that one's a rescue with a $300 fee. (Note it's $350 for the breeder retiree before us taking a vacation tied onto the cat pickup!)

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Don't be tempted, do it. That shit sounds fucked up and your dog might end up catching something unless that other dog gets taken care of.
I called animal services and reported them. They said someone would check it out when they had "someone available."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Animal Control in every city I've ever lived in has basically been a crock of shit. We had a lady on our street that let her dogs roam, one attacked my brother and bit a hole in his jeans. They told us they couldn't do jack shit because whenever they came she refused to answer the door. I understand the legal ramifications, but come on.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hokky, First is when she was a baby at the breeder, and now doing what she does best, sleeping in the weirdest position.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Doesn't tear up the furniture at all, just very very curious so if anything can fall, it will fall.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
My favorite cat Lilly. Most skittish cat I've ever had but she's got the best personality
rrr_img_48273.jpg

And Loki, who has a serious fetish with my scalp in the morning.
rrr_img_48274.jpg