Predator 3D (2013)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
bg_temp.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who uses the 20th anniversary Predator soundtrack to lift weights?

I'm thinking of getting one of these as my workout helmet. Also useful if I ever get a motorcycle

predator-helmet-7583.jpg

Arakkis

N00b
Why not? They released a couple reruns of ST:TNG in the theater and the nerds shelled out a bunch of money for that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The "What's the matter, got you pushing too many pencils?" line (not the precise quote, I know, but none of us work for the CIA) is yet another one that my friends/coworkers are probably absolutely sick of hearing.

And for awhile any time someone was lagging getting into the car after a party we'd all be screaming, "Get to the choppa!"

I'm really not sure how I would have ever survived without action movie quotes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a goddamned Sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that movie has so many catchphrases naturally in the script that when they get to a point where its very clear they had a catchphrase planned it feels tacked on.
like after arny throws a knife at one dude he says "stick around"

spronk

FPS noob
I WILL ANSWER YOUR CALL, CARL WEATHERS

did you know you can take home the soda container they give you at burger king, and then bring it back and refill it for free? spend $1 once, and you will have soda for life. Thats the secret to being rich, like carl weathers

Sulrn

Deuces
If they remake Predator 1/2, I hope they stick with the comics/books and tie them together better and set up for Cold War. Would be interesting to see Schaefer do the whole CIA vs KGB vs Predators deal. Or just have a better street war asepect in Concrete Jungle (2).

Fuck Hollywood though. They've had numerous licenses to print money with the Alien/Predator franchises and can't keep it simple and follow the source material a la LotR.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
oh god.....when i saw the thread's title,i thought it was another hollywood remake/reboot bullshit

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Classic example of a great IP that Hollywood had no f'n idea what to do with it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
that movie has so many catchphrases naturally in the script that when they get to a point where its very clear they had a catchphrase planned it feels tacked on.
like after arny throws a knife at one dude he says "stick around"
I loved "stick around". Also I loved when he kicks the door down and a dude is taking a shit and another dude is standing next to him (1. why is a dude standing next to someone shitting and watching them 2. have they not heard the explosions and gunfire for the last 5 minutes going on all around them?) and goes "KNOCK KNOCK" in that Arnie voice before blasting them both.

If they remake Predator 1/2, I hope they stick with the comics/books and tie them together better and set up for Cold War. Would be interesting to see Schaefer do the whole CIA vs KGB vs Predators deal. Or just have a better street war asepect in Concrete Jungle (2).

Fuck Hollywood though. They've had numerous licenses to print money with the Alien/Predator franchises and can't keep it simple and follow the source material a la LotR.
Seriously. Just take comic book material, rework it if you have to, but dont just make up your own shit. Just look at what Nolan did by taking Frank Miller's stories and reworking them, fucking gold mine. I had really high hopes for Predators since I thought Rodriguez had enough respect for the IP, but it literally ended up being a scene for scene remake of the original, but even worse.

So it's a re-release ?
Yeah, the original from 1987 with cleaned up video, hi-def, 3D, whatever.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved "stick around". Also I loved when he kicks the door down and a dude is taking a shit and another dude is standing next to him (1. why is a dude standing next to someone shitting and watching them 2. have they not heard the explosions and gunfire for the last 5 minutes going on all around them?) and goes "KNOCK KNOCK" in that Arnie voice before blasting them both.

Seriously. Just take comic book material, rework it if you have to, but dont just make up your own shit. Just look at what Nolan did by taking Frank Miller's stories and reworking them, fucking gold mine. I had really high hopes for Predators since I thought Rodriguez had enough respect for the IP, but it literally ended up being a scene for scene remake of the original, but even worse.

Yeah, the original from 1987 with cleaned up video, hi-def, 3D, whatever.
lol i forgot about that scene.

this thread demands this doc