Pregnancy Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For me, the baby goes to sleep pretty early, like any baby does, so I just had to learn how to stay up late, and fight through the exhaustion.
smile.png

8pm-12am is my nerd time to shine!! get with it bros!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
For me that was (and still is) time to cleant he house, do homework, bathe, watch movies that aren't My Little Pony, or whatever. Never had much gaming time until recently.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
5 or 6 weeks in, just found out this monday. sometime in the morning my wife had light bleeding. stopping by the doc for checking in 30 minutes.

shit guys, sadfaced irl :-(

I know it can occur and it's not terribly rare, to have light bleeding at this mark, but still I'm scared now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
5 or 6 weeks in, just found out this monday. sometime in the morning my wife had light bleeding. stopping by the doc for checking in 30 minutes.

shit guys, sadfaced irl :-(

I know it can occur and it's not terribly rare, to have light bleeding at this mark, but still I'm scared now.
Good luck. We had a much worse thing happen that we thought was a miscarriage around that time. Baby is still fine as of 15 weeks. We had two small bleedings happen after that that we saw the doctor about too.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Well... no.

Better luck next time I guess. Better now than 20 weeks in, too.

Makes you really appreciate the healthy kid you already have.

lindz

#DDs
Sorry Ronaan. That's really tough. Are you guys going to start trying again when you can?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah we definitely want a second kid. Point is, the wife is going to be 39 next year. Our odds are not improving. The doc said it would be smart to wait a cycle or two, now she's already in panic mode. Had expected her to take the loss much worse than she initially did, but now she's stressing out about time running out...

Me, I'm looking at it quite relaxed now. I was really upset at first. Time will tell.

Really happy that everything worked out so well with our first though, she's a real little beast at times, but that's just how things are.

Thanks for the support.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
May I just say that being pregnant during the summer has got to be one of the worst things ever. And monsoon season just hit, so the humidity has shot through the roof.

I have them feels for my wife, dealing with the heat and 7 months pregnant.
frown.png

lindz

#DDs
Ugh yeah, I was nine months pregnant in July with my first. We lived in California then. It was fucking miserable. I told myself I'd never do that again.

My second was also born in July, though we'd moved up to Washington by then.

I don't envy your wife for having to make it through the entire summer Crone.
frown.png

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
May I just say that being pregnant during the summer has got to be one of the worst things ever. And monsoon season just hit, so the humidity has shot through the roof.

I have them feels for my wife, dealing with the heat and 7 months pregnant.
frown.png
My daughter was born July 28th 2012, sat in the hospital at 30?C outside temp and the a/c didn't work because some doofus always opened a window.

Thankfully the wife had to climb some stairs to get things going (ended up with a c-section anyway after 15 hours of nothing advancing), and the temperature there was alright.

As a guy we really have it easy... stick it in, wait 40 weeks, presto.
(well we get to endure some cataclysmic mood swings during those 40 weeks but that's pretty minor, isn't it?)

Well, we have a heartbeat. My cycle was borked so I go back a week from wed again so they can confirm EDD.

Its so weird to think that we're going to do this again. Thus far symptoms are totally different but last time nausea didn't roll around hardcore til about 8 weeks so I'm crossing my fingers that come a week from today I'm not completely bent over a toilet all the time. Doing this with a toddler is definitely less appealing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Had our second ultrasound yesterday. Got a cool pic of him giving a thumbs up but that's about it. Couldn't see his face because of his position but everything was in good positions, looked/measured normal etc. They measured everything but his wang, personally I'm most interested in tracking it's growth more than anything else. Think I will request it next time. She's 19 weeks now I think. Due Dec. 20th.

This is our first btw...still coping with the fact that I'm going to be broke and gaming time disappearing.

Heh one of the interesting things about newborns is that when they are born due to all mom's hormones the genitals are extremely swollen. Creeped me out the first time I saw!