Pregnancy Thread

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Today we had an anatomy scan done. The wife was nervous as fuck before the appointment but everything looked great. We're 18w5d along and he's measuring 19w1d. We were able to get a couple great profile shots. One of the pics looks like he's waving. Feels good man.

Oh and her anxiety problems. This morning she had a consult with a psychiatrist that specializes in fertility related depression and anxiety. The psych did recommend Zoloft and her OB will manage that prescription for her.
So after the psych appointment and then the appointment with the MFM for the scan she is feeling much better. Fingers crossed.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Passed the 9 month mark. Wife thinks he's coming early. I don't think it'll feel real until he crowns.
It doesn't feel real for a few weeks at least it didn't for me. Part of me kept thinking we were babysitting and someone was going to come pick up the kid eventually.

I'm 3 months into already having my kid and it doesn't feel real yet.
The second one feels even less real. Maybe because it's going by so fast and I am not focused on it as much as I was with the first, maybe the anterior placenta dulling movements is part of it.....like I keep having to remind myself that holy shit we are having a second kid in like 3 months. Like I need to get on that shit. Nursery is like not even fucking started in terms of painted furniture any of it.

Maybe it's because I was so sick with the first kid and this one has been a lot less sickness (though other symptoms are off the charts...not just the constipation but the hormones this time around are fucking stupid - I cry so effing much I annoy myself)....like we're having another baby in three months. And it still doesn't feel real at all. Part of me feels guilty for being like less connected to this one. In talking to other moms of toddler I guess this is normal but it is so weird.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife must be weird, she hasn't had morning sickness once since getting pregnant.

She threw up once (she NEVER throws up) after eating some tacos - a projectile vomit - but otherwise hasn't had issues. She was worried too since she delivers mail and is always outside driving/walking.

iannis

Musty Nester
You can assure her that while her buttcrack might be in need of an occassional rebuild, her guts are built Ford Tough.

Women like it when you compare them to cars.

Not horses though. Don't ever compare her to a horse.

lindz

#DDs
So lucky. I got HORRIBLE morning sickness. My second one was the worst - I was basically bedridden for six weeks. Move an inch, throw up everywhere.

I actually found it easier to bond with the creatures in the belly with subsequent pregnancies. I knew exactly what to expect at that point and understood the little critters that were going to come out of me when I really had no idea what to expect with the first one. But as far as not preparing, I think that is pretty normal. You know what to expect now. You're not in that panicked, freakout mode where you need everything to be ready to help make you feel more in control of something that is scary as shit. It gets more laid back each time.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had a dream last night that I was pregnant again. I cried.
My wife still talks about having another one, even after all of her complications and all of the problems we had during her pregnancy, and even having 3 just getting to the point where every moment isn't a potential disaster. Fucking drives me crazy. If we had another one right now I am pretty sure I would have a nervous breakdown.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought a lot of your recent marital problems stemmed from your wife being bogged down with taking care of 3 kids all day. And now she wants more?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
^Truth

So many times have I said to my wife "You're ALL fucking insane/crazy/fucked in the head!" and walked away shaking my head. I can't even comprehend some of the shit she comes up with!! lol

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Get some genetic counseling. Hits men harder than woman so kids are certainly not out of the equation without help.

If you're not interested in kids bring it up now before you're married. So many dumb assess just drag their feet because they are verbally / emotionally constipated and can't talk about things.
We've talked and gone back and forth on it. We're wierd, in that we actually have rings, she went crazy and bought a dress, we co-own a $260k house, but we arn't technically married yet. SHe's had a few times where she's on the no kids wagon till hormones kick in again. Depending what I learn about alports to me was kinda giving me an extra good reason why not to. I already had reasons beyond typical guy doesn't want to.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
TZehfC0.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It doesn't feel real for a few weeks at least it didn't for me. Part of me kept thinking we were babysitting and someone was going to come pick up the kid eventually.
It doesn't feel real until your kid stares at you in your eyes and smiles.

This will probably happen at 4am and you have to go to work in three hours.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The wife said she felt the first bit of movement in there today. The realness is definitely starting to accelerate. And we both feel her being able to feel the baby finally will go a long way to helping her anxiety.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The wife said she felt the first bit of movement in there today. The realness is definitely starting to accelerate. And we both feel her being able to feel the baby finally will go a long way to helping her anxiety.
My wife said the same thing today. I felt something last night too.

We're going in one week for our 20 week ultrasound, finally gonna sorta see the kid.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been lurking in this thread since we found out we're pregnant. We are due next month and tossing around in my head how long I should take off of work to spend with the new baby and help out the wife. Interested to hear how long other have taken off. My vacation hours reset on the 1st and will have 120 hours for the year. Taking the first week off to me is a no brainer, but questioning if I should short change myself for the rest of the year and take 2 weeks.

iannis

Musty Nester
If you can swing it take two. It's hard on a woman, its a physical trauma, and it'll take her a week or two. That's why the women will pack up around the new mother. It's not just the new baby smell.

By about the tenth day you'll be begging to go back to work. When was the last time you were really excited to go to work? Bonus!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I only took a week off, there really wasn't much to do. The baby sleeps 18-20 hours a day at that age, and my wife was so attached that when the baby wasn't sleeping, she wanted to be the one holding it and feeding it, so that was fine.

Honestly, I sat around and just played video games the last few days of my weeks vacation, there wasn't much going on.

lindz

#DDs
My husband took two, but it was more for him than me. With the first baby, it will be pretty low key. You'll want time to bond of course, but also time to sleep and just get used to having your routines completely changed. With more kids, she'll need more help because she won't be up to taking care of the older ones for a few days.

I'd say take a week, but allow yourself two if you need or the mrs. need it.