Printer suggestions

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Paper I'm good on, since family owns a print and ship store, so I can get my mom to drop me off some Hammermill whenever. Will have to check to make sure he never needs anything in color, but otherwise doesn't seem too bad a printer.
does that mean youre a paper snob?

it's not a bad idea to just have a monochrome laser printer anyway, how many things have you ever really needed in color? sure a pie chart, maybe.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Brother is also still good if you don't want to go the Canon route, although their prices have been increasing.

The HL-L2350DW is about $50 more. It does 6 more pages/min (32 vs 26), but you lose out on Ethernet. The HL-L2370DW is about $60 more (than the Canon), does 36ppm, and it has Ethernet. Both have duplex.

I'd pay the little more for brother if you plan on doing 1000s of pages a month monochrome. We've got about 7 years out of one (was only 99 bucks at the time) and when it finelly went I payed the 150 for another one. The two others we print way less on is going on 10 years now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not quite doing 1000s per month, probably a couple hundo. Mostly just printing off initial plans, but then he just copies them when he gets to work (I dunno why he doesn't just print them at work, but whatever). Will check out the Canon and Brother and see which one he likes better. Late Christmas gift, I guess. Thanks, guys!

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
how many things have you ever really needed in color?

And if you do print in color, inkjet does a shit job of it. Unless you're doing it regularly just take it to Kinko's when you really need color. Their printers are 100X better than a POS inkjet or even color laser that you would have at home.

BTW, we have one of those little canon laser printers on the ranch bookkeeping computer and it just works. 10+ years old and we've never had any problem with it which I definitely couldn't say about any other printer I've ever owned. I'm almost tempted to buy one even though my Brother printer is still technically working.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
youre asking for a laser printer right?
6879bac2137165ec54eab683e945ecc2.png

it's the cheapest laser printer and it even somehow does duplex for that price, it'll also take 3rd party toner and it's cheap, 30bucks for 2
Well, Mr. Amazon has made yet another sale. You should get a commission. I was literally just talking about how I needed to print something while on vacation, and I had to come into work at night to do it (I'm closer to work than any printing place even if it were free). And how I used to have an inkjet printer "just in case" but after not using it for years the ink was dried out and worthless. This is worth me having for times like that. Hell, it is likely I won't ever even go through the initial toner cartridge before I croak too.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'll never own another inkjet. Even with 4 kids it feels like we print 5 pages a month and then suddenly need to print 100 things over a random two week period - which would usually require buying new ink.

Toner for life.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea my hp laser printer is over 20years old and is the only piece of tech, actually probably the only item i still use, next up would be my 15yr old kinesis keyboard and the kkk is dying on me and triple typing

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Shit, even the old HP inkjets were great. My parents bought some AIO OfficeJet fax/copier/printer back in the 90s, and the thing still technically works - only reason they can no longer use it is that the drivers no longer work and the ink carts are no longer made.

Bunch of similar models were still being used back in the XP days in my college’s chemistry labs.