Problem with every mmorpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My main problem with MMOs is them taking too much time with me having too little time. God I wish I was young again, in college with a cosy summer job and no cares in the world.

...no I don't.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think its easy to pick apart MMO's for what we dont like in them. Hell, I think you can really only find a handful of things in each MMO that are really done well. The elements in the game that do that for you probably identify with you at different points depending on your mood and attitude towards the genre. BDO scratches all my itches for now, but good god does it fail hard in some areas. WoW has became so bland, that even with all its new features I just dont get excited when I play it anymore. Everything else out there just doesnt even interest me enough to re/download it.

If a company would just cherry pick all the different parts of every MMO that are really done well and thought out and actually execute them in a great way - then we'll have a great MMO to play. Till then...

Tell me, how fast does your EXP bar move in BDO at like 55? How many hours does it take you to gain a level?
Hours, several hours. But you can effectively play the game at all points at level 50. Are you as effective as the kid thats play the game for the last 4 days straight? No. Should you be? No.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My main problem with MMOs is they keep fucking with the good formula. WoW is a perfect example. Vanilla -> TBC -> Wrath is probably my favorite MMO experience. Then it got super casual-ified.

I don't mind going from hero to zero as long as it's fun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Notch seems like kind of a dick now that he sold Minecraft. Dude doesn't have to work a day in his life from here on out, and more than likely if his fatass ever has kids, their kids will never have to work either.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I just want a new mmo to play, fucking play them like single player rpgs. Level up kill boss, next game!

Wows 17th expansion can suck a dick.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
At 55 it ranges from 1 to 4% an hour. Not sure what it's at level 56.
I realize this, I was wondering if Draegan does, or what the OP posted. Pretty sure that's exactly the opposite of the experience the OP was looking for.

In just about every Mmorpg ever made, you start out with the mobs dying decently fast and your experience bar moving quickly. It feels heroic and fun.

Then as you level up, the game punishes you for leveling up. The mobs die slower, but harder, and your experience bar goes up much slower. You feel less effective in battle with the mobs and more like the zero than the hero in the battles.

I'm tired of putting a good chunk of my life in to these games that effectively punish me for leveling up.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This.
In EQ 51+ was practically a different game due to difficulty. Strategies that were fun had to be discontinued.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I realize this, I was wondering if Draegan does, or what the OP posted. Pretty sure that's exactly the opposite of the experience the OP was looking for.
You kill mobs pretty damn fast in bdo. The higher level and better gear I get, the stronger I feel and the faster shit dies.

You just have to kill more shit to level but the time to kill is relatively the same across the experience.

Plus I think the 55 to 56 experience is lacking due to not having higher enchants right now.

Edit: I took this discussion to be about increasing the time to kill stat modern devs feel they need to increase for some reason.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm tired of putting a good chunk of my life in to these games that effectively punish me for leveling up.
That was my problem with EQ1. It was really fun up until level 30. Then the difficulty got so bad you had forced grouping, unless you were less than a handful of classes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This is why city of heroes endgame was fun as fuuuuuck.

edit: better vid.
smile.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats one thing Im starting to see in MMO's that I wish would follow suit with future mmo's. Mobs just standing around not doing anything is just kind of lame. But they are slowly changing how things work across the board. NPC's that go home at night time and come back out for the day and vice versa. Illegal Trading in BDO where NPC's come out at night time to do "illegal stuff" is cool. NPC's that are running up and down the road with trade supplies. Merchants that move from town to town. NPC's that are chopping trees down and taking logs over to a log pile. Little things like that help with immersion so much, I think. If games would just make monsters have some type of daily routine, that would be all the more cooler. Just make it look like a living, breathable, believable world!

.. and Im fine with NPC's taking longer to kill than a second or two as long as the exp amount is bigger. BDO has packs of mobs that are a mix. Usually 3 low health mobs, 1 ranged mob and 1 heavy. The 3 low healths die in a second, the ranged you usually have to run to and the heavy takes about 5 seconds. Adds a small amount of flavor to each monster type.