Problems at work

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not a lot really. After the meetings I had I worked with him for a day and a half before he fucked up. I was sent to work at another store close by. When he is working I work there. I was told to do this until hes fired, which could take a couple weeks.

Pretty sure i'm at least getting a raise which is nice.
Been 10 days, close to a couple weeks. Anything going on?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Nothing yet, ill let you guys know when its resolved. I don't work with him at all now so its good. I managed to out sell him this week even though I only had 2 days on the sales floor to his 5 days.

Also he threw out all my business cards and has been tampering with my tailoring. Which is super awesome.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Holy....fucking.....shit.....I am so happy right now. My dick is so rock hard.

So the cunt that was causing problems for me is now ineligible to work in the store until January 1st because she has made to much money while on disability. The good part is that if my asshole boss hadn't paid her 30+ hours over what she was actually working on her paycheck's since all this shit started she wouldn't be in this mess. Now the cunt is jobless going in to December.

Rock. Fucking. Hard.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The hell do they have anything to do with this?
Because the chump grumpus is dealing with filed a labour complaint. It is bad form to fire a person while involved in a dispute. It could make a bad situation much worse if they are found in the wrong.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
IT HAPPENED!!! He was fired this morning.

When he opened the store this morning the District Manager and another supporting District Manager where there to greet him. They told him to get all his personal stuff out of the store, hand over his keys and leave. No notice, no nothing. Get your shit and get out.

They called me in early and gave me the run down. I worked 10 hours today, scheduled for 52 hours next week. I am currently the acting manager of the store. Most likely till after Christmas at the very least. And I think they want me to stay on as manager.

I am so happy right now its hard to put in to words. 4 months of hell on earth but it is starting to pay off. I had a bunch of employees from other stores come in and shake my hand for what I did and went through. It was a pretty good feeling.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's gonna be awesome, when you become manager, you life will really start to suck. You'll realize the guy was a douche, cause shit rolls down hill. Sure it could be roses. Or you could realize that the management that let that guy be in that position for that long will still be there and it'll still suck. My advice is, if they ask you to be manager, decline the position.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't act as a manager if they aren't going to pay you as a manager.

They will string you along for as long as they can. Trust me, it happened to me.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Don't act as a manager if they aren't going to pay you as a manager.

They will string you along for as long as they can. Trust me, it happened to me.
Without a manager there I make 100% of the commission, during Christmas. The longer I can go without being the actual manager the better. Because if they put me on as manager i'll have to hire someone as a full times sales person and lose roughly 37% of my sales.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Do you make more money as a manager or as a sales?
Sales now during busy months, manager more during slow months. I have a feeling they will see how I run the place over Christmas then make a decision. I have a 20+ year vet that's watching my back for me in our sister that about 150 yards away and he wants me to succeed.

Right now I make 4% of my sales, 1/2% of all store sales and $9.50 an hour. Manager makes about $14.00 an hr+2% of sales+1/2% of store sales.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Good on ya Grumpus.

I would take the manager position if you intend to stick around and they offer it to you. Nothing worse than knowing you can do the job and passing on it only to have the next person be another raging asshole. At the moment you have some control over the situation. Take advantage of that and do the job the way you know it can be done. It's responsibility, yeah, but avoiding responsibility is how you end up in your mid 30s and attempting a career switch because you've been working at a job for over a decade but have no real tangible skills (speaking from experience).

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think your going to be the new manager Grumpus...., if not, time to drop the Sexual Harassment bomb.When you are the manager can I get a deal on a new suit when I visit Vic in January? Do you stock large sizes? i am a 52 chest! I have my perfect fit card and everything!
^^^

Was I right With respect to use of the "perfect fit" card?

Congrats, You should have some serious negotiating power when they offer you the full time gig, I don't think its crazy to ask for the 4% as the manager after all this shit.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
^^^

Was I right With respect to use of the "perfect fit" card?

Congrats, You should have some serious negotiating power when they offer you the full time gig, I don't think its crazy to ask for the 4% as the manager after all this shit.
Pretty close guess yeah, not quite 100%
wink.png