Procrastination

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Procrastination makes you more effecient. For years when I was self employed I had 2 weeks to finish a job and I would dick around for a week doing whatever and then finish it in a week. It made me more effecient while actually working.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's a typical way to get shit done but dont pretend it's the best. No matter what the deadline is for a set of plans there's always some mad dash at the end and inevitably some fuckups. I fully support lying and being lied to about deadlines.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had a druggie turned born again christian tell me he didn't like AIC because their songs were about the devil. Given that the lyrics are almost all about drugs, I suppose this makes sense somehow in the mind of a freshly brainwashed 12-stepper. Like the church lady from SNL. They talk about drugs, he hears SATAN!

All he talked about was how crazy and fun he was when he was on drugs and how great a person he was now that he had found Jesus. So yeah, he reverted back to being a drunk and a junkie a few months later.

Oh, and your stories mostly sound like a healthy amount of procrastination for now, except in cases where you feel stressed or fail to get shit done. Not the full on avoidance that ruined my life. In your high school example, I would just take the 0. It's not really procrastination anymore when your goal is to get out of doing it completely. I'd also do the last minute project thing but I never had a problem with those, I could crank out an A the night before like dropping a turd. But not leaving enough time to finish something that you actually want to do - yeah try not to do that.

When putting things off starts to become a real habitual problem, you'll start noticing signs like being paranoid that you're forgetting something even when you aren't, or insomnia and anxiety attacks when you're worried about whatever you aren't doing. Eventually you just feel that way all the time regardless, which can become quiet debilitating.

So anyway, hopefully that tale is motivation to keep on top of things. The snowball metaphor is very much true, because regret never goes away.