Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't IB train you guys on Trak last week? Didn't see them get suspended for that.
Yes and no. BDA was killing juggs on poop mountain with under 1 hour of Trakanon's window remaining because they are quite possibly the most retarded group of players on the server. As sussy put it, "BDA jumping out in front of the bus trying to collect insurance money". Trak is usually engaged with DA and positioned (to burn the AE, position juggs / prot for kite, etc.). Trak aggroed and managed to get around the corner, saw BDA killing jugg and assisted. Trak got out of position and caused a giant mess for both IB and TMO and probably the GMs who had to handle that petition mess. Nothing will come of it, though, because the GMs try not to beat down the retarded children that are class R guilds too often. It makes them even less likely to approach FFA targets or god forbid try to enter class C.

edit: Also because I don't think we petition targets that we killed often--it shows bad sportsmanship to the GMs :p IB tries not to knock over the class R guilds because they're the best feeder guilds they have. Trying to topple the "TMO Monster".

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
all the guilds we're scattered around in are already really established. i've been in Azure Guard for close to two years now, for example. AG has been doing awesome lately, even got a Venril Sathir guild the other day, and just got two new epic warriors in the last week or two (albeit with market green scales rather than looted ones). would take a lot to get me moved into a forumpal guild, because i'm sure it would take quite awhile for a forumpal guild to get up to the level that most of our guilds are already currently at.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Just rolled a mage I will be playing casually. I played one for about 7 years on Innoruuk until it merged with Nameless. Name is Yimmien if anyone wants to group up sometime!

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any large bronze armor they'd like to sell. Been trying to find some for days and only have two pieces. Where zone does it actually drop in? Might could barrow a friend's char and farm it myself.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends on the size, but I'll tell you now bronze isn't worth the effort. There's plenty of items that are wtf cheap for the slot that are still endgame or near endgame equivalent stuff. Just ask for class/race and I can list off a few cost effective items.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have any large bronze armor they'd like to sell. Been trying to find some for days and only have two pieces. Where zone does it actually drop in? Might could barrow a friend's char and farm it myself.
Najena ogres drop size large pretty often from what I remember. Though I cant remember if factions are there or not, and if they conflict with regular Ogre faction. If you're going to borrow someone elses high level character though, might as well just do the class armor quest for the class you want to play. Crafted etc.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
New character is an ogre sk and friend's character I might borrow is like mid 40's sk so that kind of limits what I can farm. And I've got around 800p to play with sooo yeah, that's why I was thinking bronze.

Daidraco

New character is an ogre sk and friend's character I might borrow is like mid 40's sk so that kind of limits what I can farm. And I've got around 800p to play with sooo yeah, that's why I was thinking bronze.
Which is enough money to do all of the darkforge armor quests. Google "darkforge armor project 1999". You can probably pick up a mithril 2 gander for pretty cheap now, too.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
iksar scale gauntlets, bracer of scavenging, diamondine earrings, atramentous shield / sarnak battle shield, Mace of the Shadowed Soul (or noct blade or ebon mace, though a little more expensive)/soul binder all cheap and easy, platinum fire opal rings all pretty good bangs for the buck.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm confused.. most of those items are like 800pp - 3.5k per item lol specially the shields, way out of an 800pp budget

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm confused.. most of those items are like 800pp - 3.5k per item lol specially the shields, way out of an 800pp budget
Eh, iksar scale gaunts/ bracer of scav are cheap, but if all he has is 800p total he's going to want to blow it all on a weapon. Pretty sure you can find a MOSS for that. If not, maybe soul binder or something else equally cheap.

edit: And as an SK, it goes without saying that a circlet of shadows should be one of your first purchases. It makes the class in a lot of situations.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You can possibly get that two hander that drops off prot for a couple hundred plat at most if you ask around, decent ratio and doesn't proc till like fifty or so.

Daidraco

Eh, iksar scale gaunts/ bracer of scav are cheap, but if all he has is 800p total he's going to want to blow it all on a weapon. Pretty sure you can find a MOSS for that. If not, maybe soul binder or something else equally cheap.

edit: And as an SK, it goes without saying that a circlet of shadows should be one of your first purchases. It makes the class in a lot of situations.
Really, I know what you're saying. But if he isnt going to get any help from long time players, hes going to have to work for it. Especially with a class that cant reliably solo shit that drops gems. Its doable, and I struggled making a warrior way back when P99 first came around. But in hindsight, I should have just made a Necro first and then played the class I wanted to with all the best gear I could afford.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really, I know what you're saying. But if he isnt going to get any help from long time players, hes going to have to work for it. Especially with a class that cant reliably solo shit that drops gems. Its doable, and I struggled making a warrior way back when P99 first came around. But in hindsight, I should have just made a Necro first and then played the class I wanted to with all the best gear I could afford.
Tutelage is the way of P99. IB recruits em from the newbie yards and I do the same as I can. The bard has slowed down that I got from rerolled but he's like 56.5 atm and desperate for some gear. We'll get it done in time. Frenzic's got some account issues, but he was ~ 40? before he had such issues. We're working on things. I'm paying down some debts (got cobalt greaves for 200k, had to 150k of said 200k, laff) and doing some PLing. But if you're a decent player and these guilds know it, lots of times they'll recruit you earlier on if you've got the playtimes and someone to vouch.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
im a 30 cleric now. soloing unrest is the best xp by far, but whenever im home from work theres like 50 people there. halp

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
im a 30 cleric now. soloing unrest is the best xp by far, but whenever im home from work theres like 50 people there. halp
Find an enchanter and go duo somewhere. Or group at CE in Mistmoore. SolA is very good xp too at that level, but groups can be harder to find sometimes.

Siliconemelons

SK is a rough job, but you can solo from 1-60 ... I have soloed good chunks of every level on live and p99 on my SKs... its just time... but you also can group whenever you want, SKs are great group tanks and great duo partners - Shaman + SK = do whatevah

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does the login still have no way of account recovery? Been a couple years I feel since I even touched EQ emulator servers, and I'm not sure I remember my login. But if I remember, there was no recovery available at all? If you forgot, you were SOL?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's all through the EQ emulator forums. Got it all recovered. Sweet! One weird thing though is that it says the account was created March 22 2014, but I know for sure I never played it around then. Wonder if my toons are even still there.