Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
not really. they used to have a 10 guild rotation on everything except vp. Now I guess theres some wierd political shit going on. I dont care to understand it really.
Rotation just died because people wanting to watch the world burn or whatever. Essentially to get rid of the Top tier shit sandwich they broke up pops into 3 categories, your guild is dropped into 2 categories and the third is Free for all.

It screamed bandaid fix. The server is too top heavy because devs want every little unique fucking snowflake to be juuust perfect and jesuschristgetitonalready. So they put it on the players to fix a thing that is unfixable. Outside of the nostalgia feels and trolling the server just isn't very fun. I feel bad for the guys who just wanted to experience a dragon kill because they were casual in their teens..and now cant because no lifers are still doing no life shit in their 30s.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Rotation just died because people wanting to watch the world burn or whatever. Essentially to get rid of the Top tier shit sandwich they broke up pops into 3 categories, your guild is dropped into 2 categories and the third is Free for all.

It screamed bandaid fix. The server is too top heavy because devs want every little unique fucking snowflake to be juuust perfect and jesuschristgetitonalready. So they put it on the players to fix a thing that is unfixable. Outside of the nostalgia feels and trolling the server just isn't very fun. I feel bad for the guys who just wanted to experience a dragon kill because they were casual in their teens..and now cant because no lifers are still doing no life shit in their 30s.
The most ridiculous thing is that they defend this situation with"it's how things were back then,"which couldn't be further from the truth. If they really want the endgame scene to be classic, they need to emulate the fact that there were like 20 servers to choose from and to dilute the poopsockers so that they weren't all congested into one server. Obviously they don't need to actually open 20 P99 servers, but there's a number of things they could do to create a better endgame environment. Raising their hands and going"not our problem, this is classic"is not only awful for the server but also totally unclassic.

Hell, at this point simply opening a second PvE server would be a big help. I'd play then, but I'm not touching the current shitpile with a ten foot pole. An EQ server left to fend for itself for years in the same content is just not worth anyone's time. The economy is fucked, the guild environment is fucked, the midgame is fucked, the endgame content is completely fucked. All for some misguided notion of how things should be, tragically leading to something completely different from their original goal. If they really don't want to open a new server, do something with instance sharding for the raid zones so that there's actually enough content for more than one and a half guilds.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course they need a new server. It's this bad now and it's still stagnant Kunark. Can you imagine the shitshow that place will be on Velious release?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Clearly you don't know how long it takes for a guild to go from classic to quarm.

I'll fill you in, it takes about a month.

The people on p99 are a special kind of stupid. If you want to enjoy yourself without all that inflation, nothing stopping you from playing self found.

As far as the raid scene, nothing is going to change, in fact nothing has changed from live, either put in the time or go play wow, that game supports casuals very nicely with their instances and welfare epics for your average mom on the go.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fired this up today. Really brought back alot of memories, I applaud what the team has done with p1999. Couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes though. Took me 1 minutes to kill a decaying skeleton auto attacking it.

radditsu

Clearly you don't know how long it takes for a guild to go from classic to quarm.

I'll fill you in, it takes about a month.

The people on p99 are a special kind of stupid. If you want to enjoy yourself without all that inflation, nothing stopping you from playing self found.

As far as the raid scene, nothing is going to change, in fact nothing has changed from live, either put in the time or go play wow, that game supports casuals very nicely with their instances and welfare epics for your average mom on the go.
actually on afresh emu box with no expansion lockouts about 6 weeks. Emp in ssra temple can be a pita if you box. I also got to elements fairly recently on the kpemu (despite all its bullshit) in 3 ish. But that had expansion lockouts. But if you want to skip content. you can gp from TOV to POP gods fairly easily. Finding a easy way to bot 200AA up is the real issue. On Kpemu there was a guy in the deep that had like 10k hp...triggerable and gave 23%ish a kill... dumb oversight by devs

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Of course they need a new server. It's this bad now and it's still stagnant Kunark. Can you imagine the shitshow that place will be on Velious release?
"WTS Zlandicar's Talisman for Sleeper's Tomb Key quest, 250k"

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
P99 is pretty fun up until you decide you want to do some raiding maybe and then the amount of unfun that whole business is is astoundingly enormous.
The nostalgia engine only works for so long.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ehh stalled development and false promises are a huge problem.
Pretty sure the problem is no lifing retards. Retards camping shit because they have nothing better to do and are too fucking neckbearded to put down the fucking computer, fucking morons selling howling stones key MQ. HOWLING STONES KEY MQ.

Thats youre god damn problem right there. Fucking moronic institutionalized retards who dont know how to not play EQ.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure the problem is no lifing retards. Retards camping shit because they have nothing better to do and are too fucking neckbearded to put down the fucking computer, fucking morons selling howling stones key MQ. HOWLING STONES KEY MQ.

Thats youre god damn problem right there. Fucking moronic institutionalized retards who dont know how to not play EQ.
Pretty much.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Was thuggin it up in Mistmoor this weekend. Passed on every gargoyle eye cuz I only need the BCs baby.

radditsu

The distillation of all idiots across all EQ servers collectively reliving their glory days shitting on anybody who just wants to kill a dragon in a game that literally does not matter in any way shape or form. Let the housewife kill Nagafen for fucks sake.