Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cool, thanks for the info. I think I've seen the above before but TBH it's been so long and I wasn't too good at solo charming LOL.

I seen someone mention HS North, is it the same scenario?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
HS North gets pretty green by the high 50s

you can also root rot pretty effectively in that same spot as that video. a lot easier / hands off. slower tho.

Siliconemelons

I know a lot of Necros did COM 2nd floor is that 50-55? then HS?

I started a necro because they are just beastly soloers and I should be somewhat familiar with their general spells from being a SK forever.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I seen some people say they did COM 2nd up to 60, but I couldnt see that really being worth it? If I remember correctly 50-55 is the range to start there, but I solo'd KC around that time myself.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only thing about HS solo that stands out as dangerous is there are a crap ton of mobs that Harm Touch. I have seen upwards of 700hp HT from a single mob, so a bad pull / pet break could get ugly pretty quick. Still great risk vs reward, imo.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Soloed 53-60 in kedge on my druid, but that was made easier by charming seahorses and the like. Can't beat dat kedge ZEM.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried shortly this weekend, basement was camped so I did a few up top. Breaking multiples of HT is definitely tricky or I'm just doing something wrong lol.

I'm constantly worried of screwing up and struggling to get a rez at 59, but oh well. Either that or go somewhere slower that I can fear or root rot.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you know, i haven't played P99 much since velious hit, so i hadn't considered... probably some decent fear kiting spots in velious tho. WW or WL maybe.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played a warrior during velious days so I never solo'd anything, I thought there might be somewhere there to level at 59 but no one has ever mentioned it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
velious in general isn't really meant to be an EXP grinding place, mob HP/AC/resists are way higher than they are in Kunark, but they still give the same amount of EXP as the same relative con elsewhere.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I played a warrior during velious days so I never solo'd anything, I thought there might be somewhere there to level at 59 but no one has ever mentioned it.
Back in the day on live I did velks castle in a group for decent exp and some drops/gems. Also did siren's grotto at the bottom of the well which isn't bad at all if you are religious about dispelling everything and can resit or stun them fairly reliably. If you are asking about soloing as a necro then dragon necropolis was something that I know many people did, never tried it myself though as I stopped playing on p99 before they launched velious.

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did a little bit of velks when velious came out on p99 and it wasnt too bad. I do remember now that pharmakos mentioned it about why velious isn't as XP friendly...

I might check out DN or velks again if I can't get HS down I guess...