Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
P99's world is too small to get away with boxing for too long. past a certain point, any worthwhile zone has enough people in it that someone WILL catch on and report you.

tkon

Trakanon Raider
Been leveling up my Magician very slowly. I really don't want to play this class, but there is no way to play an sk/paladin with out gear, too daunting with out mass amounts of groups. I'll farm up the plat and get me a nice set of gear to start my "main".

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Casually leveling up again aswell. Probably get bored in a few days like I always do, but it is fun for a bit, when you have a lot of spare time and watching Dota2 on a second screen.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Been leveling up my Magician very slowly. I really don't want to play this class, but there is no way to play an sk/paladin with out gear, too daunting with out mass amounts of groups. I'll farm up the plat and get me a nice set of gear to start my "main".
That's pretty much my philosophy with my Shaman. I am 51 now and starting to actually save a small amount of coin. I'm also fairly close to my epic, but as I just joined a guild I don't want to be 'that guy' and push for it. Escapegoat needs to be online more to help me get my Wolf in MM! I have noticed there are quite a few 1-40 groups. Especially 1-20 as alts are the name of the game on this server.

As far as needing stuff, a friend of mine from the Nameless just started a Warrior a week ago, and I gave him a few hundred plat. He went into EC and walked out that night with a full set of gear given to him and almost as much plat as I've farmed in my month on P99. I'd suggest starting a character and heading to EC and being social. Most of the P99 people here aren't the super hardcore ones you'll find who have Bill Gates levels of plat in EC.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Same, my Necro is 45, and I'm playing him mainly to farm for my future warrior. It's insane how many groups just sit around needing tanks on this server. I supposed I should do SK, but I don't want the exp penalty.

Aus_sl

shitlord
That's pretty much my philosophy with my Shaman. I am 51 now and starting to actually save a small amount of coin. I'm also fairly close to my epic, but as I just joined a guild I don't want to be 'that guy' and push for it. Escapegoat needs to be online more to help me get my Wolf in MM! I have noticed there are quite a few 1-40 groups. Especially 1-20 as alts are the name of the game on this server.
If you post on the P99 boards requesting some help with your epic I would bet you would get enough responses to finish it up. There are plenty of nice people around who help out on shit like that left and right.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im not playing anymore but have a VP geared shadowknight I could help tank epic fights on or whatever is needed.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Im not playing anymore but have a VP geared shadowknight I could help tank epic fights on or whatever is needed.
Wanna help me camp a FBSS?
biggrin.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If you post on the P99 boards requesting some help with your epic I would bet you would get enough responses to finish it up. There are plenty of nice people around who help out on shit like that left and right.
I have no doubt. People are pretty cool by and large on the server when they aren't in merchant mode. It's kind of funny but a guy in the EC tunnel who will argue over 200P might spend three hours helping you get your corpse a few days later.

I need three more books in COM to max faction, then I'll be ready to try and get my Shaman epic. My goal has been to play around for nostalgia and get a character to 60 for Velious. Given I haven't really played EQ since 2001 it's amazing how many zones I know like the back of my hand. That's not the case really with any other MMO, and none of them have the level of danger of EQ.

Hell, if you feel like soloing the Dire Wolf in MM for me, with some 52 Shaman buffs, drop in and give Ledd a tell.
smile.png

I'm really enjoying the game. It's a shame EQ on live is so much different. The P99 one is superior in every way, but especially the no boxing rule.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't really play much anymore but I've got plat left over for sale if anyone is interested. 20$ per 10k

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Well there's a website that will buy it for 1.50 and they sell it for the price I'm selling at about. I'd go like 1.90 tho.

Elerion

N00b
I'm going to play this for a couple of days, for nostalgia's sake. Apparently I have two loginserver accounts (on the same EQEmu account) from 2009 or whatever. Can both be logged on at the same time, as long as they're not played from the same IP? I'm thinking I'll start a druid, could be handy to have that on a second account if I ever get level 29, so people can log it in and port.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to play this for a couple of days, for nostalgia's sake. Apparently I have two loginserver accounts (on the same EQEmu account) from 2009 or whatever. Can both be logged on at the same time, as long as they're not played from the same IP? I'm thinking I'll start a druid, could be handy to have that on a second account if I ever get level 29, so people can log it in and port.
People, like your "Roommate" or your "girlfriend"

Ahhhhh IP exemptions. Those were the days.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Can you no longer get IP exemptions?
Yes, you still can. I think their monitoring is pretty good, as I grouped with two 'supposed' husband and wife setups in my 30s that I thought were two boxing, and both apparently were suspended and/or banned.

I have a friend who actually does play with his wife, and he's had no issues.

The no two boxing really does make the server more of a community. I'm not a fan of the exemption setup as I think there are people who take advantage of it, but they apparently have to tread pretty carefully.

Horyuken_sl

shitlord
My brother lives with me and started up with some other friends, I'm watching him play and want to join. I requested an exemption 2 weeks ago haven't heard anything. Only saving grace is i'm traveling quite a bit this time of the year so I can play from most hotels and coffee shops.

I'm hoping to hear something before i'm in town more.