Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
a few hours before the site went down, nilbog made a post talking about the stuff he still has to finish for Sleeper's Tomb

something about needing an SOS rogue on EQMac to go in and get some info for him

Gecko_sl

shitlord
That's a good question, Phoenix. Since the server has done over 3 years of Kunark, that wouldn't surprise me. Amazingly, even after that there are still over 1k on during primetime, and that's with close to no dual boxing.

It's more nostalgia for me, but I've only been here a few months. I can't imagine playing this for years. As soon as something else more interesting comes along, I'll probably drop my playtime down a ton. The fact it's free and does not appear to be going away is nice for when one gets the EQ itch.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My end game will probably making an enchanter, and my wife making a shaman, or maybe Necro/Chanter, and seeing what kind of crazy shit we can duo together.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ideally after a few years of Velious they will relaunch the server and maintain the original timeline with all the various p99 bugs etc fixed. The perfect classic launch so to speak. P99 as it stands now is actually a beta right?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ideally after a few years of Velious they will relaunch the server and maintain the original timeline with all the various p99 bugs etc fixed. The perfect classic launch so to speak. P99 as it stands now is actually a beta right?
Not sure if its considered a beta or not, but I agree and think the best thing for the server would be a restart.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the developers have said they've developed a system so that they can easily turn on/off certain timeline flags, in case they ever do start a second server

no official word on if it will ever happen, but from a developer standpoint they are setting up the means to easily do it (and do it more accurately the second time around)

Gecko_sl

shitlord
the developers have said they've developed a system so that they can easily turn on/off certain timeline flags, in case they ever do start a second server

no official word on if it will ever happen, but from a developer standpoint they are setting up the means to easily do it (and do it more accurately the second time around)
Once they release Velious, a fresh P1999 server would be fabulous. Hopefully when they wipe one of the mostly empty red guys, they'll do a clean new blue one.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So i started up a newb, any tips or anyone know a good newb friendly guild to join on the blue server? I made a mage so I can solo some lvl 6 now lol.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Knights who say Ni are a pretty n00b friendly guild. I'd just focus on leveling and saving enough for your spells initially. Throw me a tell on Ledd and I'll give you a Green Silken Drape and a few coin

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If anyone else still looking for plat, I can do 1.90 per 1k, let me know~
This is exactly why we need a fresh blue server. That and people with multiple alts in full VP gear sitting at spawn points waiting to kill critters for the 50th time, for god knows what reason, although part of me wonders if I'm way off base and there really is mass RMT going on here.

Anyways, close to 59 on Ledd. Think I'm almost done until Velious.