Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking of started up here. I will probably only 2 box, so I was thinking of starting with Dru/something. I think I'd like to play a shaman eventually but the Druid will help get established. What's a good box with a Druid? Are mage pets dominant on this server too?

Javvo_sl

shitlord
Mage pets are good, so are necro and beast pets though.

Dru/Bst is solid, Dru/Mage, Dru/SK, Dru/Monk. All viable. Your quickest to 50 will be Dru/Mag or Dru/Bst though.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mage pets are good, so are necro and beast pets though.

Dru/Bst is solid, Dru/Mage, Dru/SK, Dru/Monk. All viable. Your quickest to 50 will be Dru/Mag or Dru/Bst though.
My room mate started a BST/Dru for when we couldnt be on at the same time and he is kind of struggling a bit with it.

I'll second Dru/Mage. That would be a lethal combo on this server. Same with Necro/Dru.

Enc/Dru is a great combo too, but it's better as a two-person duo than a box.

Iance_sl

shitlord
I just wanted to you hit you with a short update from the team:

Guise of the Deceiver will be removed next patch, on the other hand, the Hole and Stonebrunt Mountains will be opened.

We are now less than a month away from Kunark launch and I am happy to say we are looking in good shape for a mid June release! Epic quests will be available right off the bat, and there will be a big launch event, so be sure to sign up on our website for the latest development!

Edit: we have just set our launch date, we will launch Kunark on Friday, June 19th - There will be a Launch Event held at 7 PM EST, meet in the Plane of Knowledge for the continuation of Firiona's saga !

Kunark Announcement Date Project 2002

We hope to see you all there!
Lance

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just wanted to you hit you with a short update from the team:

Guise of the Deceiver will be removed next patch, on the other hand, the Hole and Stonebrunt Mountains will be opened.

We are now less than a month away from Kunark launch and I am happy to say we are looking in good shape for a mid June release! Epic quests will be available right off the bat, and there will be a big launch event, so be sure to sign up on our website for the latest development!

Edit: we have just set our launch date, we will launch Kunark on Friday, June 19th - There will be a Launch Event held at 7 PM EST, meet in the Plane of Knowledge for the continuation of Firiona's saga !

Kunark Announcement Date Project 2002

We hope to see you all there!
Lance
Shit man, when' the patch that removes guise? I'm still a couple levels low for that camp and don't want to miss it ;p

Iance_sl

shitlord
Shit man, when' the patch that removes guise? I'm still a couple levels low for that camp and don't want to miss it ;p
This patch will happen prior to Kunark launch. I have seen higher level people offer to camp the Mask for some lowbies the other day, your best bet is to ask nicely in /ooc and see if someone who is able to do the camp wants to help you

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've started up a war/bst/clr if anyone else is thinking of starting up and wanting someone to grind with.

Besides dealing with wife, I'm doing contract work currently so my schedule is pretty open.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Followup review from my earlier review:

My room mate and I have gotten our cleric/chanter/monk/pally/mage/mage group up to 40. We've been taking things slowly and doing quests for fun (Ro armor, Jboots, etc). I was concerned that the longer we played on the server the more problems we would find (this is normally how emu servers work), but everything has remained really solid. Very similar to an old version of live EQ.

When I did my first review, I hadn't had any experience with server admins or anything. We finally encountered one quest issue with Ro armor and when we told an admin it was immediately jumped on and fixed- which was pretty impressive.

I'm noticing maybe 75+ toons at peak times (obviously quite a few of these are boxing). It seems like the server population is steadily increasing. Would still recommend this server.

Edit: fixed numbers

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Starting to play this regularly. Anyone have a ~50pp weapon for a warrior?

Iance_sl

shitlord
Hello everyone
smile.png
I wanted to give you all a short update on what has been happening on P2002:

The work on Velious has officially begun, and we are very confident in a late autumn/early winter release date. Since Kunark launched a little over a month ago people have been busy leveling to 60, exploring the new zones and completing many epic quests. The server has seen a steady increase of players, even now in the middle of summer we still have new people signing up and starting out every day. There are people in all level ranges, so if you were on the fence about this server due to low population, maybe now is the right time to give it a shot.

We have recently updated ourFAQto include more information. If you can think of any questions that are not covered in our FAQ, we encourage you to open a thread on our forums, we are growing into a nice little community and there are plenty of people who will be willing to help you out both with words and deeds! We will also casually be checking in on this thread to see if anyone has any questions.

Happy Hunting !
smile.png

Iance_sl

shitlord
We are excited to announce that Velious will be released upon the completion of a Server-Wide eventFriday December 18th at 7pm est.

All zones except for Plane of Mischeif will be available for play. PoM will be released mid-year with the later Velious revamps...Cazic Thule zone, PoHate floor two, and Cazic Thule the god and Dracolich.

We will be doing heavy quest testing right up until launch. The database will be completed next week.

Please keep in mind this is essentially a beta release and there most likely will be the occasional bug. This is why we have the forums and with your help we can make the gameplay as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your continued support!

See you there!

I've been playing on P2002 and LOVING IT. Velious was just released, Luclin coming in ~6ish months, and PoP coming another ~6ish months after that. Now's a GREAT time to get started!

So, if you're getting tired of p99, bored of 4 years of Kunark, and starting to realize that there's nowhere to go after Velious, you might be interested in checking out P2002! Many in the community regard PoP as the best of everquest, and now we have a fun, reliable PoP locked server!

Although the population is somewhat small right now, Project 2002 has been growing at a steady pace recently, and there is an AWESOME community of players there, many of whom are ready to help new folks get started! And by awesome, I mean... mature, level headed, nice people who genuinely care about their server and the players, unlikecertain other emus.

I've been streaming lately to raise awareness. Feel free to stop by and ask questions about the server! I have client download links and installation instructions linked from my stream page.

http://www.twitch.tv/p02greengrocer

Just a few months ago, the population seemed to peak at around 60 or 70 during primetime.

Within the past couple of months, that number has basically doubled, and I'm now seeing 110-120 on at peak.

Considering the server is new, and most people haven't heard about it yet, I expect the number to slowly climb as more and more become aware of it.

Great time to start!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have rolled big Nester the halfling pally on this server, if any of my old guildies(VD, IB, TR, TSE, Temerity) have some starter gear and/or groups or just want to say howdy and give me the lay of the land it would be appreciated.

See you in game !