Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

TairyGreene

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was actually a huge EQMac player. I was the person that made the original thread on FoH telling people about it. It was basically this massively hidden gem almost nobody knew about that was classic EQ and was official, and just happened to also be totally free. The thread got quite massive and I remember people creating workarounds to play on Windows etc. I have a ton of nostalgia over EQMac. It was insanely sad when it shut down.

I loved how EQMac had its own meta. There were differences from live and even classic-PoP of the original, but they were all really neat and fun.

MGB's are a huge one. I have a lot of nostalgia at receiving MGB's from people in PoK. And there were a lot of items that were really strong for low levels. Altho obviously a lot of that doesn't exist on Quarm yet.

I can't dedicate my life to EQ though so I haven't played Quarm much, but I've been getting a serious itch and a lot about TLP turns me off, but some of it turns me on. Gahhhh if only there were 60 hours in each day.
Necro reply but it was interesting learning about EQ Mac on the dramaquest episode. Had no idea an official server existed for years that was basically frozen in time.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am finishing up some major projects in a couple of weeks at work that is going to give me some free time back in the evenings and would like to get caught up. Are groups still available in the 15-30 level range or is that a ghost town now?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I am finishing up some major projects in a couple of weeks at work that is going to give me some free time back in the evenings and would like to get caught up. Are groups still available in the 15-30 level range or is that a ghost town now?
1720578649959.png

Plenty online in that range (13 to 37) at 10:31pm ET, with a large concentration in the staple zones - mistmoore, kurns, unrest, etc, but also some in say, East Karana and such, too.
A fairly healthy mix of players.

Some random player samples of same-level players:

20 in Unrest
24 in Lower Guk
5 in Crushbone
12 in Kurn's Tower
25 in Kurn's Tower (Alternate Reality)
8 in Dalnir
12 in West Karana
5 in East Karana
8 in North Karana
16 in Mistmoore

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 535959

Plenty online in that range (13 to 37) at 10:31pm ET, with a large concentration in the staple zones - mistmoore, kurns, unrest, etc, but also some in say, East Karana and such, too.
A fairly healthy mix of players.

Some random player samples of same-level players:

20 in Unrest
24 in Lower Guk
5 in Crushbone
12 in Kurn's Tower
25 in Kurn's Tower (Alternate Reality)
8 in Dalnir
12 in West Karana
5 in East Karana
8 in North Karana
16 in Mistmoore

Nice, quite a bit more than I thought there would be. Thank you S Secrets

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Firing this back up to level the bard. Anyone pieces of equipment you could spare would be appreciated.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
For whatever reason for the 8th time ive installed this and set it up...zeal finally fixed my 3rd person mouse look issues and its finally playable! Happy days!

Has anyone experienced interaction with scam guilds on PQ? Or have a list of them?

I was trying the game out and joined some guilds. There was a lot of weird harassment, cyberbullying (lol yeah really), and apparently gathering real life information about people for either extortion, harassment, or other exploitation.

So... yeah. I am just wondering maybe somebody else has experienced this. Do the emulators do something that let people track you down? PQ pops up as malware in a lot of ways.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone experienced interaction with scam guilds on PQ? Or have a list of them?

I was trying the game out and joined some guilds. There was a lot of weird harassment, cyberbullying (lol yeah really), and apparently gathering real life information about people for either extortion, harassment, or other exploitation.

So... yeah. I am just wondering maybe somebody else has experienced this. Do the emulators do something that let people track you down? PQ pops up as malware in a lot of ways.
This happens to me all the time. I’ve been attacked and tracked down multiple times. I used to try to fight them, but imo it’s best now just to pay whatever they’re asking so they’ll leave you alone.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user