Random TV show thread

spronk

FPS noob
For anything you want to talk about about TV in general or a show that doesn't have its own active thread, asking whether a show is good or not, etc. Spoilers for any show should be in spoiler tags.

spronk

FPS noob
So this is pretty crazy, a comedian wrote a script for Seinfeld imagining the show doing a 9/11 episode (the show had been off the air for years by then). Its really good, but extremely dark. One of the 9/11 terrorists? A friend of Kramer.

not sure how to get it to NOT embed and just be a link, but click the little popout icon in the top right to open in new window

Comedians are passing it around to each other and loving it
This ‘Seinfeld’ 9/11 Spec Script Is Insane and Incredible

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching Sons of Anarchy for the first time and nearing what's gotta be the conclusion of season one (ep 13 or so, events set in motion much earlier culminating with much blood). Didn't understand what the big deal was until about halfway though the season when a lot of meaningless, meandering plot subsided and the story started going somewhere.

Really enjoying it now, but damn, shit's going down in a manner that makes me wonder how there's seven more sasons.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I watched Wynonna Earp and was surprised I liked it enough to finish it.

spronk

FPS noob
Watching Sons of Anarchy for the first time and nearing what's gotta be the conclusion of season one (ep 13 or so, events set in motion much earlier culminating with much blood). Didn't understand what the big deal was until about halfway though the season when a lot of meaningless, meandering plot subsided and the story started going somewhere.

Really enjoying it now, but damn, shit's going down in a manner that makes me wonder how there's seven more sasons.

Winter is coming

wait wrong show

post again when you are knee deep in season 5

Also watching HarmonQuest now, its Dan Harmon playing Dungeons & Dragons with 3 other people (1 rotating guest). Funnier than I thought it would be, I get bored watching D&D twitch streams but this shit is great. They animate the actual adventures so that helps a lot, I think. Some of the guests are awesome (the guy from Silicon Valley), some are really awful (the chick from Brooklyn 99).

joz123

Potato del Grande
Never heard of New Adventures of Old Christine till I started watching it on TVLand at like 2am. It's a pretty good show, even has Clark Gregg from all the Marvel shit in it.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Winter is coming

wait wrong show

post again when you are knee deep in season 5

Heheh, fair enough. Middle of season two is plenty tense as it is, what with (being deliberately vague here, dunno how to do spoiler tags on phone) the twin powder kegs - the one involving Ope, the other involving Gemma - primed to detonate the second somebody says the wrong thing.

Good shit.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I give Wilmore some credit for not just trying to be Colbert 2.0 and doing his own thing, but he was never versatile enough of a comic to host a show four times a week.

Eh, he was the best part of the show. His opening bits were pretty good. Then the quality dipped in the middle section unless it contained Mike Yard, Rory Albanese, or Grace Para. The panel segments at the end were just terrible pandering.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The show should have been more of this : people say dumb stuff and try to defend sjw shit. Larry then tells them to shut the fuck up.

Hmm, video wont work. If you care, watch the clip from the panel section from the 16th. One of the cast members tries to defend a "people of color only safe space" and gets yelled at by Larry

spronk

FPS noob
this honestly looks like a parody but nope this is the new MacGyver show aka Dawsons MacGyver

spronk

FPS noob
Vince Gilligan Developing HBO Limited Series About Cult Leader Jim Jones

deadline said:
In one of the first major pieces of new development outside of the Breaking Bad universe, Vince Gilligan has signed on to write and executive produce Raven, a limited series for HBO about Jim Jones, the infamous leader of the Peoples Temple cult who led his followers to a mass murder-suicide in Jonestown, Guyana, in 1978.

On Raven, Breaking Bad creator/executive producer Gilligan is reuniting with the AMC series’ executive producer/director Michelle MacLaren, who is set to direct the limited series. The two are executive producing the project with actress Octavia Spencer, who had optioned the source material — the nonfiction book Raven: The Untold Story of Jim Jones and His People by Tim Reiterman, a journalist who survived the events in Guyana — more than four years ago. Reilly Smith, who had secured the rights to the book with Spencer, will co-produce. Sony Pictures TV, where Gilligan and his High Bridge Prods. are based, is the studio. There are no plans for Spencer to act in the project.

Raven is described as the definitive history of Peoples Temple from its idealistic beginnings to its terrible end in Jonestown. The adaptation will focus on Jim Jones but also on his followers, who, by and large, were ordinary people of good will. It tells the mysterious story of how so many of them came to give up their lives for this man.