Reading Rainbow Kickstarter

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That was my presumption - thus you were right around the demographic, close enough you should've been familiar with it at least. (12 yrs old when RR started)

Not to mention you being a Sci Fi person not knowing one of the most prominent actor from STNG's history seems bizarre.

It's like the rare time you hear someone say "What's Disney?" or some other eponymous thing, RR was fricking huge.
Born in '71 and I had never heard of reading raindbow till this last week when it suddenly popped up everywhere. I guess by age 12 I was too old if that's when it started.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife was 73 born and was in love with it. 76 here so I was in the sweet spot.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That was my presumption - thus you were right around the demographic, close enough you should've been familiar with it at least. (12 yrs old when RR started)

Not to mention you being a Sci Fi person not knowing one of the most prominent actor from STNG's history seems bizarre.

It's like the rare time you hear someone say "What's Disney?" or some other eponymous thing, RR was fricking huge.
To be fair, my Dad's a huge star trek fan and there's no way he has a fucking clue what Reading Rainbow is

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i knew of it, i just never bothered to watch it, and at 12 i was interested in bewbs more than anything else. as for sci-fi, i am a classic star trek fan only. there is no room in my life for a non violent, beta captain of the enterprise.
tongue.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
I grew up with Reading Rainbow but thought it was silly as a kid. I think my experience probably mirrors Chuk, in that I was introduced to reading very early and read constantly. So was pretty unimpressed with a program that tried to teach kids the obvious fact that reading was fun.

I see the importance now though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Reading Rainbow gets hand from Seth MacFarlane | Boston Herald

Say what you will about McFarlane's shows, but between Cosmos and this, he's showing a pretty classy, caring side as well.
Left hand right hand.

McFarlane deserves the credit that he gets. It could either be someone else doing it or it could be no one. Neither of those things are true -- it is McFarlane doing it. And he deserves that credit.

But don't think its altruism. McFarlane's claim to fame is fart jokes. Of course he's going to pivot now that fart jokes have made him legit. I mean there is such a thing as affected overbearing cynicism -- but then there is such a thing as healthy cynicism. Now that he has money McFarlane isn't human garbage. I never really thought he was though.

spronk

FPS noob
these are the woman that goofy looking motherfucker has banged, i can't hate the playa. also american dad is funny

o-SETH-MACFARLANE-DATING-570.jpg

o-SETH-MACFARLANE-DATING-570.jpg

600full-alexis-knapp.jpg