Remakes that are better than the originals

Szlia

Let it be known I strongly disagree with the notion Red Dragon is superior in any way, shape of form to Manhunter.

Juvarisx

Florida
While its hard for me to picture anyone else play Lecktor but Hopkins due to Silence of the Lambs, yes Manhunter was far superior to Red Dragon. Tom Noonan played Dollarhyde masterfully. That interrogation scene between Dollarhyde and Lounds pretty much sealed the deal for me anyways.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
manhunter was scary as fuck. thats not to say red dragon was shit either. i read the book and both films are excellent adaptions in their own way. manhunter is just better because it relied on psychological terror while red dragon was visual horror.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
manhunter was scary as fuck. thats not to say red dragon was shit either. i read the book and both films are excellent adaptions in their own way. manhunter is just better because it relied on psychological terror while red dragon was visual horror.
Speaking purely about Red Dragon. The movie was a fairly faithful adaptation of the book; however, Ralph Fiennes, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Edward Norton, while capable, could not make the movie more compelling. It fell into that category of capably performed, soulless mediocrity. Compared to Silence of the Lambs, little felt new or original.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
manhunter was way fucking better than red dragon. silence of the lambs of course was way better than both of those two combined times a thousand.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Exactly. Zombie movies are also about slow, but inexorable death inevitably followed by joining the ranks of the bad guys.

Fast moving zombies are stupid because no one would survive an encounter with more than one of them. Period. Of course fast moving zombies are scarier than slow ones. They are certain death. All the movies with fast moving zombie should be boring and over in about 5 minutes, but they build in horseshit conceits to keep the main characters alive which more often than not takes them from merely bad action movies to fucking terrible ones.
They're all stupid, it just depends on how much you'll let slide.

Zombie movies are all about hoplessness. I find the fast zombies much more scary, because the idea that I'm safe as long as I walk at a brisk pace is just silly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They're all stupid, it just depends on how much you'll let slide.

Zombie movies are all about hoplessness. I find the fast zombies much more scary, because the idea that I'm safe as long as I walk at a brisk pace is just silly.
The idea that slow moving zombies could overrun heavily fortified military installations is even more silly.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
The idea that slow moving zombies could overrun heavily fortified military installations is even more silly.
I hate how all the new zombie movies are about science, somehow there is a virus or something that caused it. The original zombie premise is that hell is FULL, so the dead shall walk the earth. Cool stuff, its supernatural, bad things are happening. Trying to use science to explain a zombie has just made every movie zombie different with different rules.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I hate how all the new zombie movies are about science, somehow there is a virus or something that caused it. The original zombie premise is that hell is FULL, so the dead shall walk the earth. Cool stuff, its supernatural, bad things are happening. Trying to use science to explain a zombie has just made every movie zombie different with different rules.
That's a really dumb complaint dude.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In Night of the Living Dead the news speculates that a probe returning from Venus, contaminated with space radiation, is the cause.

Science explanations go back to the very origins of the genre.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't that "hell is full" shit some religious ranting guy on a still operational TV station in Dawn of the Dead? Not an official explanation, just some holy roller.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't that "hell is full" shit some religious ranting guy on a still operational TV station in Dawn of the Dead? Not an official explanation, just some holy roller.
Movie tagline.

DeF6mqW.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in the reboot, Tony Todd (candyman) made a cameo as a religious nutjob and he said that line about hell being fulll

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah. The only serious attempt to show how slowmoving zombies could do this was done in the book World War Z. Even then though, I felt it really wasn't plausible. You have to assume that no one is scouting (so you can get flanked, otherwise you just run away and recover), no one is taking the threat seriously and that all your troops will panic.

Which of course, might happen the first time, but all other encounters would be a huge slaughter of zombies, a withdrawal back a few miles when they get close, then another huge slaughter and so forth as they are slowly and stupidly kited to death.

Column_sl

shitlord
After watching all the ring movies, the american remake of the first ring was superior to the original.

Although the second remake sucked donkey dick.

On Dawn of the Dead, anyone that thinks the remake is better should be shot ,and quartered for being a dumbass.