Golden Knight of the Realm
Both are enjoyable and not precisely a remake but

rrr_img_44164.jpg
>
rrr_img_44165.jpg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Bullfuckingshit.

While both are incredible, the original Dawn was a very interesting take on using a mall as a permanent residence after the zombie apocalypse. The remake was just people hiding out in a mall until they couldn't do it anymore. Also, slow zombies > fast zombies. Always.
Yep.

Star Trek

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
1933 kong is my favorite though Mighty joe young while not a true remake or sequel its my favorite giant monkey film. I watched that shit every year on thanksgiving on ch 9 or 11 back in the day

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Btw la jetee is on now on tcm.

Lol i bailed on it when i realized it was a movie of still images and narration.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bullfuckingshit.

While both are incredible, the original Dawn was a very interesting take on using a mall as a permanent residence after the zombie apocalypse. The remake was just people hiding out in a mall until they couldn't do it anymore. Also, slow zombies > fast zombies. Always.
Slow zombies aren't scary. And none of the "looming dread!! LOOMING DREAD!!!!" explanation. Which is more scary? A guy walking towards you very slowly with a knife, or a guy screaming and running towards you with a knife? If you answered 1, I don't know what to say. Most sane people would answer 2. In a hypothetical real life zombie scenario, you are FUCKED if the zombies run, if for no other reason than you can't easily line up a headshot with a firearm before you get overwhelmed. I tend to view an extremely low chance of survival as scary. Slow zombies would have a higher chance of survival, so therefore they are less scary.

As for the 2 films, I personally thought the original DOTD failed as a horror movie, but succeeded as a fun fantasy movie. The original DOTD was not scary at all, but it was fun. It kind of played out like how you imagine you would try to fortify a mall vs. slow zombies. Kind of like building a fort in DayZ. The newer DOTD was more effective as a "well, the world ended and we are all fucked" horror movie. The movie had its flaws, but the first 10-15 minutes of that movie were some of the most effective zombie cinema I have ever seen. It really captured the confusion and panic with sudden appearance of zombies, and coupled with their speed, really sold the idea that the world as people knew it could end that quick.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
fast zombies while more effective, make no real sense. somebody running after you gives the sense that they are very intent on hurting you, which is not characteristic of a creature who is essentially braindead. having a dead brain makes it difficult to coordinate your motor skills into a run. while a zombie staggering slowly over to you gives the sense that their mind and body coordination is not really that intent on killing you, but that they would still like to because instinct says you smell good. maybe all they want to do is just taste some of your delicious...BRAAAAAINS!!!

-edit
and who says a slow mover cant be scary? jason and michael myers have 20 films that say different.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
and who says a slow mover cant be scary? jason and michael myers have 20 films that say different.
Slow slasher movie killers don't count because they usually have magical teleportation powers. "We drove away from him in our car and he is 3 miles back! We're safe! Oh fuck, he's right in front of us now!!!"

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
There is something about slow zombies that is just more terrifying than fast ones. An endless horde of slow marauding zombies that never gives up, fuck me. Imagine being holed up, slowly going insane as they slowly scrape and pound away at your defenses knowing that you are doomed. Much cooler than Usain Bolt zombie just clearing the obstacles and ripping you down in 15 seconds.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is something about slow zombies that is just more terrifying than fast ones. An endless horde of slow marauding zombies that never gives up, fuck me. Imagine being holed up, slowly going insane as they slowly scrape and pound away at your defenses knowing that you are doomed. Much cooler than Usain Bolt zombie just clearing the obstacles and ripping you down in 15 seconds.
It would be terrifying for that person in the world of slow zombies because the people in the world with fast zombies would be dead, thus they would have nothing to be terrified about anymore.

Both types of zombies have the attention spans of gnats. Both can be easily distracted. You could have a horde of 100,000 zombies following you, but if they don't immediately see you and see someone else, they will go after that person and completely forget about you. That's why slow zombies aren't as scary, because they are manageable threats assuming you don't get stuck in a spot where they are blocking the sole exit.

Slow zombie scenarios allow for hope and hope is a powerful force. Fast zombies pretty much erase that unless you happen to be insanely fortunate and basically live in NORAD.

Goatface

The Crazies (2010) with Timothy Olyphant much better than the 70's original

--
on fast or slow, dumb or smart, infected/zombies/undead
i am ok with whatever the writer comes up with as long as they are consistent, but prefer semi smart fast.
my problem with most examples of mindless slow movers. they have more trouble with the world and themselves than ever shown.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a 2012 Korean film called "The Thieves". It's a remake of Oceans 11. I prefer it to the American version.