Remnant 2

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ever see those escape pods you can kick and enable the locator beacon in that desertish zone? There's a rocket ship you can activate that will fly around and pick those up. Think we had ~4 in the zone. It will also sit there on standby if you're just yoloing around locating them as long as its been activated. Each one had some lewts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm fucking lovin' the Engineer archetype.
Yeah, buddy and I got it today because I started in the alien world. Such a cool environment and the exploration has been a blast. He's running it and gunslinger, I'm doing medic and challenger trying to make a paladin type guy. His turret has been super helpful. Just finished the labyrinth this evening and I guess we'll figure out where to go next.

Haven't had this much fun since elden ring. They really did a great job upping the scale / size of everything. Really interested to hear what the DLCs will have in the future. Just so much they can do

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
MP is abit wild when joining other's session. I created and upgraded a boss weapon in my friends play through only to have everything reverted back to the same but retain the mat and money

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The last boss can suck my dick. He seems to be about 5x harder than any other boss I’ve seen.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Bunch of different attack animations to learn and camera fuckery...it's UP...it's DOWN...you have to look up while red shit is on the ground. Just a cheap as fuck fight
and I haven't even made it to the 2nd phase.

EDIT

making it through 1st phase consistently but second phase is retarded levels of aids bullshit. FUCK whoever designed this fight with a rubber mallet

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Biggest thing I hate about the game is that the bosses just don't feel designed quite right. From Soft does a great job of providing points where you can potentially recovery from a bad situation but in this game its like the boss will be on your ass 100% of the time with no windows. Really comes into play when doing coop as there will never be an opportunity to revive if someone goes down.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got both Alchemist and Engineer today. The Nerud place kinda reminds of a cleaner Grineer tileset from Warframe. My one complaint about the game so far is the controller setup, but not sure if it could be better. Numerous times I go do "hold" a skill, and it also fires off the weapon mod. Much easier on KB/M, but then I lose a bit of mobility. Getting the Summoner / Invader seems like a pain in the ass, though I'm already half way to getting Summoner and partial way for Invader.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
On the note of mods. I wish there was a keybind so you could just use them without having to activate, use, deactivate (if you don't want to use multiple shots of a mod ex: healing). Also , the dev team is fucking retarded yet again for having "F" hard bound to give up. I'm a ESDF move chad and that one hard keybind has fucked me on a few occasions. If you're going to have a keybind setting, you better let me rebind EVERYTHING. I want to say both The Divisions had the same issue.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I started a Handler, will it ever be possible to use another Archetypes starter armor while the Handler is the primary class?

Janx Janx I'm currently on Eon Vault and I've seen a few of those coffin/pods, but with the map fully explored, I've yet to see anything like a rocket ship to send off. Is it inside something?

Vorph

Also , the dev team is fucking retarded yet again for having "F" hard bound to give up. I'm a ESDF move chad and that one hard keybind has fucked me on a few occasions. If you're going to have a keybind setting, you better let me rebind EVERYTHING.
Yeah, that kind of shit is really annoying. Looked around at the ini files on Windows and I guess UE5 has changed things quite a bit because there's nothing but a really simple ini file that contains only the things that are in the Options screen. I assume the engine ini files are all compiled into some kind of package that needs to be decoded and unpacked before you can even look at them. Was hoping there'd be a way to rebind the stuff that got overlooking in game, since there's more than just the 'give up' key. Setting the combination to a lock and some other puzzle stuff is screwy as well.

I was also pretty disappointed to hear that it supports m/k on Series X (only, none on PS5) but they didn't bother to make any sort of keybind UI. I had decided to buy it digitally on Xbox because I assume it will eventually get added to Windows Store too and become a Play Anywhere title like the first game, but hearing the k/m support is half-assed shut that idea down right away. Options on console are so bare bones you can't even shut off the retarded motion blur that's just as bad as FF16 was at release.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I started a Handler, will it ever be possible to use another Archetypes starter armor while the Handler is the primary class?

Janx Janx I'm currently on Eon Vault and I've seen a few of those coffin/pods, but with the map fully explored, I've yet to see anything like a rocket ship to send off. Is it inside something?
Its over down in a hole where one of the dungeons is. If you drop all the way down you'll see the escape pods at the bottom and usually loot in one of them. Should be a panel on the mid level platform that activates it.

1690230895058.png

Last edited:

Vorph

You can buy the starter classes' armor sets from Whispers in town. Sets associated with unlockable classes are found out in the world.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found the ship, got a ring and an amulet, was hoping to get the sidearm, but looted 5/6 pods, I think.

Vorph Vorph Ah, so the Alchemist set is called "Academic" which is the Greater Sewers, I think, or Tillers Rest. Will check it out, thanks.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While running around Eon Vault, I decided to enter one of the sidepaths that I had opened up, and it was the Astropath's Respite dungeon. Cleared the place, killed the boss, got the loot, but there is no exit. Looked on Reddit and the only ppl talking about it are doing some mission or quest that led them there. Since I did this place without the mission (to find some seekers keys and other stuff, I think), am I screwed if I ever do get that mission?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great game, couple of annoying things - using your skills with a controller is aids. RT/LB at the same time almost never works right. Hit boxes are weird as fuck - I swear one in 10 shots of mine doesn't even register. Last boss... fucking lol. Feels like I'm going to have a stroke in the second phase and I don't like this boss at all. That said, great game and really fun loop.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Beat the campaign on Vet. That last boss is horseshit. You have to spend a lot of time learning all the animations and SOUNDs are probably more important. Unless you're some kind of DPS beast god I guess...

Last edited:

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Edit: Vorph Vorph had ya covered.

All the starter armor can be bought in town, so buy whatever you want. Same thing with the weapons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh also scrap is tuned horribly - not enough drops to have fun with new guns and mods. Needs to double

• 1Like