Rerolled "Best Game of 2014"

Szlia

Very strange year for me because I played a fair amount, but it was almost exclusively backlog games, old games, 2013 indie games and unreleased indie games. In the end I barely have 5 eligible games and the only one I would truly recommend is a bit of a stretch because it would be the 3rd chapter of Kentucky Route Zero.

To have one more eligible game, I invite you to help greenlight this very neat retro metroidvania by Hempuli calledEnvironmental Station Alpha.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Dark Souls 2

Mordor also deserves an honorable mention; the Zero Punctuation review pretty much sums it up-not only is it good, but it's good in spite of being a movie license game which is in turn based on a beloved book license. It so easily could've been a shitty cash-in, but it wasn't, and even did something a little different.

Haven't played Inquisition yet, so I may need to reevaluate once I have.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
In no order
Mordor
DA:I
Divinity OS

If i had to choose, DA:I would be first.

Disappointing is civ beyond earth, the only game ive truly regretted buying in my life.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Legend of Grimrock 2
Divinity:OS
South Park: TSOT

Beyond Earth and Destiny are my 2 disappointments.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bravely Default(though technically 2013 if going with the japanese release date, but mid december so close enough)
Divinity: Original Sin
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Special mentions to Dark Souls 2(good game and a lot of quality of life improvements but not quite as surprising as dark souls and felt too easy because of the re-use of mechanics/bosses), Legend of Grimrock 2(great game but low replayability due to heavy reliance on puzzles), Might and Magic X Legacy(great game but lots of balance issues), Transistor(best OST this year for sure and game was fun, story was kind of meh though).

There's a few games from this year I haven't played I heard good things about though, like Mordor, Wasteland 2 and Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

It was a great year for fans of RPGs, especially old school stuff like dungeon crawlers and turn based stuff. And next year looks even crazier with Pillars of Eternity, Tides of Numera and possibly Persona 5/Bravely Second(though good chance that's gonna lag into 2016 for translated versions).

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Dark Souls 2
FarCry 4

aaaand a toss up between SoMordor and DA:I

Disappointment - Natural Doctrine
frown.png

DMK_sl

shitlord
Best game - DA:!
Biggest dissapointment - Destiny Fuck me. Probably one of my most looked forward to game of all time and was a shell of a game.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best was DA:I but a few others were stand outs. Divinity and shadows of mordor spring to mind. Destiny deserves the title of most overhyped piece of shit in recent memory though, so disappointing.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I haven't played FC4 or AC:U much yet due to technical difficulties. I'll probably end up voting DA:I though. It's hard to imagine either one of those being stronger.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Best was Dark Souls II. Then, in no order:

Smash Bros Wii U
Persona Q
Shin Megami IV (eligible on the bullshit technicality that it was released in Europe this year)

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I can't participate in this thread as I run a year or two behind release dates. The upside is that I get games super cheap and I can use threads like this to pick up the good games and avoid the shitty ones.
Same. WiiU is looking more and more enticing though with some of these titles.

iannis

Musty Nester
I can't participate in this thread as I run a year or two behind release dates. The upside is that I get games super cheap and I can use threads like this to pick up the good games and avoid the shitty ones.
This is generally me, too. But I broke the bank and got D:OS and played the shit out of it. I might even do another playthrough. So I've got to go with D:OS

And beyond earth was disappointing.
frown.png

I'm going with Tropico as the best game of LAST year though!