Resident Evil 7

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I managed to get my hands on it today but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. Will post initial impressions and first play review in a few hours.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Some people get sick and some don't. My brother got dizzy watching the shark attack from VR worlds. Meanwhile I can play RIGS for an hour and not break a sweat. Drive Club, no problem. I am very much looking forward to RE7 VR.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
OK, just got home and am getting into this shit finally.

I gotta be honest, this is pretty fucking great. The options are in depth and varied if you care about that sort of shit. The graphics are incredible on just a regular PS4 setup. The story pacing is good (so far) and is very reminiscent of a well done horror movie. It's creepy as shit normally and I have been scared a few times already in the very beginning, I can't imagine how fucking good this must be with VR. I really like the item system / discovering new information, I won't say anything more.

As someone who has been playing evey Resident Evil since they've been released, this is an intense and awesome experience for me in a way a game like RE6 or whatever never could be. It was just kinda generic shooter garbage, and even though I enjoyed it, this game actually gives me the feelings the original Resident Evils did. That is irreplaceable.

I highly recommend getting together with someone, turning the lights off and pass the controller back and forth while getting the shit scared out of you like kids. This is fun.

Disclaimer : I am not super far (45m give or take) and opinions might change. Very strong initial impressions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to get this so badly, but the demo in VR was so intense I didn't even finish it. My horror tolerance is weakening as I get old

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Update: I am scared as fuck right now my bros. Help me. I wish I could stream this right now, haha. I am fucking scared like a lil bitch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Update: I am scared as fuck right now my bros. Help me. I wish I could stream this right now, haha. I am fucking scared like a lil bitch.
God damn you. Now I need to get this.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
a bunch of people are streaming including sodapoppin, not many big titty chicks yet suprisingly. game looks scary as fuck, seen a lot of scary ass monsters doing the jump scare in the few hours i've been watching. a few including burkeblack are streaming in VR mode and thats kinda cool to watch.

100% a game i enjoy much more watching on stream than playing, there is no way i could play it in a dark room alone

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
a bunch of people are streaming including sodapoppin, not many big titty chicks yet suprisingly. game looks scary as fuck, seen a lot of scary ass monsters doing the jump scare in the few hours i've been watching. a few including burkeblack are streaming in VR mode and thats kinda cool to watch.

100% a game i enjoy much more watching on stream than playing, there is no way i could play it in a dark room alone

Same. Caught some of Moon Moon's stream and it looks like quite the experience. Can only imagine it in VR, alas my heart can't take that kind of tension. Gives me hope for future VR titles though.... looking at you Bethesda!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was all hyped for a new Resident Evil, then I see the video linked above, it seems nothing like Resident Evil and more like an Outlast game. Totally killed my desire to play.

• 1Smuggly

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Ah yeah, I figured anyone interested in buying would already know that this is not your standard Resident Evil. This was a huge turn off to me at first, but after ten minutes I was completely enthralled with this new style. I would totally love another well done classic RE title that has the production value this does though!

I gotta be honest, I thought I might not like this game too much at all and took a chance but it's better than I expected - mostly because it is scaring the fuck out of me constantly.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I'd be all on board if it wasn't a horror game. I can't do that shit, I already have issues sleeping as it is.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'd be all on board if it wasn't a horror game. I can't do that shit, I already have issues sleeping as it is.

Sodapoppin just completed the game.

Said that the first three or so hours were the best horror in that style of game he has played. Nothing came close.

Then the guns started coming into play, and it stopped being so scary as the mobs became more of an annoyance. Compared it to Alien Isolation after you got the flame thrower.
Gunplay mecanics became somewhat bad too since you walk so slowly when backtracking, so you needed to turn around walk a few feet, turn shoot head, rinse repeat until mobs died. Large mobs were kited.

Might be better with VR though as it might keep the horror feeling longer.

I'm in no hurry to play it, but the fact that it is AAA full VR game with good graphics makes me excited for other games down the line.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watched cohh flip his shit a few times on stream this morning. Had to pull the visor off more than a few times to catch his breath

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Picking it up now and can't wait to play. In full VR all the way through.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
horror without means to fight back and horror with weapons are two very different genres. I'm not surprised it's not working to put both genres into the same game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
horror without means to fight back and horror with weapons are two very different genres. I'm not surprised it's not working to put both genres into the same game.

Who says it isn't working out? Most feedback so far has been very good. Along with "Outstanding" for the VR support.

I'll give a run down tomorrow. I'll be playing it tonight :)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
THIS GAME IS HARD TO PLAY BY MYSELF

esp. because I am currently playing it by myself in a house in Louisiana hahah the IMMERSION

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy mother fucker! FUCK THIS SHIT.

Holy fuck!

Holy of all holy fucks!

I damned near had an all out heart attack about three times and fuck it I need a break. Hockey. And maybe just hug my dog for about an hour.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users