Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Herzog Zwei was the most confusing shit ever when I rented it with no instruction book. That game was pretty ahead of its time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Herzog Zwei was the most confusing shit ever when I rented it with no instruction book. That game was pretty ahead of its time.
Well, it's cited as the first RTS game.

We used to have two day long tournaments with lots of people involved in the Vietnamese neighborhood I used to hang out with. Those guys INVENTED turtle strategy, some of those fuckers games would last 6+ hours.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The single most underrated game of all time. Spaceship sim, hacking sim, RPG, ground combat, mining game, even FPS in 2 scenes and was a pretty good storyline. BTW this was like 1988....and it fit on one god damned floppy disc.

rrr_img_8714.jpg

rrr_img_8715.png

rrr_img_8716.jpg

rrr_img_8717.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
When I was a kid we had our NES and SNES set up next to each other, each with a separate little TV. After Super Mario All Stars came out, my brother and I would each pick a machine and we'd race through Super Mario 3 to see who could beat the game first. Needless to say, I knew the ins-and-outs of that game incredibly well and we were doing speed runs before we knew what speed runs were.

rrr_img_8722.gif

rrr_img_8724.png

Szlia

You have attachment problems (not sure if you can see them and not us or something). Only Astal works... I would say it's a draw because both covers are terribad.

I forgot what this game was called for years. My cousin had a Turbo Grafx and we would take turns playing this game and we never did get around to beating it. This is the second game that made me really fall in love with RPGs, (fiirst was the Legend of Zelda).

Szlia

The intro to Ys sold many PC Engine CD-ROM? back in the import days!

Anyway, for me the most emblematic cover discrepancy is for Prince of Persia for SFC / SNES:

rrr_img_8782.jpg