Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
F-Zero would be great for the Wii U but slim chance of that ever happening...according to Nintendo. At lease I have F-Zero GX for Gamecube which is awesome.

Looks like the same ol' shit.

This is the game I want updated for the Wii U.
rrr_img_32584.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is weird. Why are you posting this in theretrothreadwhen there is an entire forum dedicated to talking about contemporarygames?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One of my favorites from my teen years. Back when the MANUAL alone was worth the price in a game. Nowadays these whippersnappers ask, "What manual?"

rrr_img_35375.png
rrr_img_35377.png
rrr_img_35378.png

rrr_img_35376.jpg

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking little nemo, I never could get past that stage right after the penguin king. Shit was so hard. I tried playing a rom a year or so back to see if I could actually beat the game these days and I couldn't even make it past the first level without save state.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of my favorites from my teen years. Back when the MANUAL alone was worth the price in a game. Nowadays these whippersnappers ask, "What manual?"
Nowadays, every game has a tutorial session for the first 10-20 minutes of it, to teach you what you could have read in a decent manual, without which in oldgamesyou were about SOL

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Nowadays, every game has a tutorial session for the first 10-20 minutes of it, to teach you what you could have read in a decent manual, without which in oldgamesyou were about SOL
That's not even fucking true.

Good game design shouldn't require reading a manual or playing a tutorial.

Megaman, Mario, etc...

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, that's true, but the Megaman manuals did explain the powers of the bosses, iirc. But big RPGs, like Dragon Warrior 4, they came with a map of the world, a list of every item in the game and what they did.

Ag3nT_sl

shitlord
One of the best intros, best soundtrack, best character creation back in the day. Great manual too and somewhat interesting story line.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
so, anyone miss the old copyprotection-thingamabobs where you had to find dialogs in the manuals and so on? I remember Monkey Island, Indiana Jones - fate of Atlantis and Lion King had those, times are better nowadays
smile.png