Revolution

supertouch_sl

shitlord
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Revolution

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2012-09-17

Creator: Eric Kripke

Cast: Tracy Spiridakos, Billy Burke, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, J. D. Pardo, Stephen Collins, Elizabeth Mitchell

Overview: One day, electricity just stopped working and the world was suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Now, 15 years later, a young woman's life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously—and unbeknownst to her—had something to do with the blackout. An unlikely group sets out off on a daring journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i saw a preview for the show's return and was surprised to learn it was still on the air. i saw the first two episodes and seem to remember the show was slammed by critics.

does anyone watch this?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought this show was supposedly a hit? anyway, its fucking hilariously bad and the good thing about it is it knows its hilariously bad. feels like a throwback to the 80s cheese shows like manimal and alf. its really impossible to hate on it because its just so silly. seems every week they also throw in a star wars reference for nerd service. i am looking forward to its return, just to point out its silly.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I couldn't even get through episode 2. Not interested.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I started watching and then I started wishing the power would go off in my apartment.

Cybsled

For scripted shows, it did well on NBC relatively. Much like Grimm: not the best ratings, but strong for NBC. Although Grimm is much more believable than Revolution ;p

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I love it. But I admit they have lotsa splainin to do.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So.. a boy who was raised in a world without electricity is able to figure out a heat seeking rocket launcher in 5 seconds of looking at it? right....

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Don't forget he had the google genius as a teacher his entire life.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The only thing that's really bothering me about the show .... is gas. I mean, do they need fucking gas for the choppers or not? If so, where's it coming from? If not, why did it splode like that? Also, why does the one guy need a gas generator, and does he need gas for that ... What about that car. OK so if we assume he doesn't need gas to keep it running for 15 years, that's great. But what about maintenance. Has he been driving it around for 15 years without so much as an oil change?

Oh yeah and I guess there was one more thing. If only one chopper needed the amplifier to run them both, why did she have to put her necklace on the RPG to make it work? Why didn't all the cars out there just come to life and take off?

OK I'm done now. I still like the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i finally got a link working for this. i would have watched it live, but i was watching the season finale of Hotel Impossible. anyway. this was a pretty cheesy episode.
so the death star... err the choppers are heading to the rebel base in 12 hours and when all seems grim, Han solo err Miles shows up to save the day. but he doesnt hit the exhaust port... err the power amplifier. so its up to Luke... err i mean danny to use their one last shot to blow up the dea... err chopper. and it does. and the chopper as it fell started making the fail sound effect from Empire strikes back when Han's warp drive gets disabled.

god i love this show and the stupid kid gets strafed at the end too. i knew when they spent 10 episodes looking for him it was gonna pay off!
tongue.png

tongue.png

tongue.png

satael

Silver Squire
I wish they'd just done a show about Monroe and Miles setting off from the military base in search of Miles' brother (and how&why they create the militia into what it becomes) and ignored the whole reason for why the electricity stopped working (atleast until the end of the first season).

velk

Trakanon Raider
I have to admit to innapropriate laughter at the tragic death scene as the chick tries to do CPR on someone that just had 6 vulcan cannon rounds go right through their chest ;p

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
/agree satael. That seems like a very interesting story.

And Velk, I was laughing at the asian chick holding the sister back from rushing to his side. Like, what's the purpose of that, other than to look comical?

Cybsled

Kinda like that scene in Robocop where that exec gets shot 1000 times and the president tells them to call a paramedic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show is so silly, for a second i thought when dr julia was opening her son at the end, it was going to reveal that he was a robot inside. i thought she was gonna switch him back on.
smile.png

smile.png

TV show information provided by The Movie Database