Rick and Morty

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I doubt this is the last we see of Evil Morty or at least the consequences of what Evil Morty did.

The door has now been opened to universes outside of the central finite curve, where Rick is not the smartest person, meaning we'll see villains that are smarter than him, but only after we slog through 6-7 random filler episodes in the next season.

Gotron episode was definitely the best, Bird Person episode was also really good, decoy families was pretty good, and then the last 2 were okay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Adult Swim has announced that its signature animated series “Rick and Morty” will air its sixth season starting September 4th.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks like they released 10 Rick and Morty shorts that together make Vindicators 2. Includes all prior voice actors.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Putting a SS up because I will forget the date and need to come back and look...like every other week.

2022-08-13 01.02.38 www.youtube.com c23b3c50961b.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The new season's off to a good enough start. I laughed at Beth failing to kill the Space Looter over and over again with bad shots. It was good stuff.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Not bad, only got one literal lol out of it, but that's still pretty good ;p

Here's a bunch of timers, one of them is probably accurate !

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's good but the past few seasons it's just so meta. Always with the callbacks and inside jokes.

It's great but I feel like it's getting old. I want new stories and gags.

• 1Picard

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It's good but the past few seasons it's just so meta. Always with the callbacks and inside jokes.

It's great but I feel like it's getting old. I want new stories and gags.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm a diehard fan. The callbacks and 4th wall stuff is getting a little old, so is Rick being basically immortal. One of the things that was so interesting the first few seasons was that Rick wasn't this invincible god who could do anything and everything. Yes, he was a genius, and got himself out of some jams, but he was also vulnerable. Now it's like there's no tension at all, as he just has an answer for whatever happens and walks between the raindrops.

I thought this episode was pretty decent, as far as the last 3 seasons go. I thought it could've been epic, and had so much more potential. Maybe if it was an hour long premier to flesh out some of the story more. I don't know. It was just all over the place. Morty went back to his original Cronenberg world, but he was only there for a hot minute. Thought they could've done more with a really good idea of them all being transported back to their original realities.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Summer is great. I hope they don't overuse her but I love all the episodes she has a major role in.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm a diehard fan. The callbacks and 4th wall stuff is getting a little old, so is Rick being basically immortal. One of the things that was so interesting the first few seasons was that Rick wasn't this invincible god who could do anything and everything. Yes, he was a genius, and got himself out of some jams, but he was also vulnerable. Now it's like there's no tension at all, as he just has an answer for whatever happens and walks between the raindrops.

I thought this episode was pretty decent, as far as the last 3 seasons go. I thought it could've been epic, and had so much more potential. Maybe if it was an hour long premier to flesh out some of the story more. I don't know. It was just all over the place. Morty went back to his original Cronenberg world, but he was only there for a hot minute. Thought they could've done more with a really good idea of them all being transported back to their original realities.
The writers have also been doing this thing where they over explain a joke or gag without just letting it rely on the visual elements of the bit.

Can't just let everyone notice the hilarious staff on our own:

• 1Like

Goatface

‘Rick and Morty’ Could Go on ‘Forever,’ Say Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon: ‘We’ll Be Doing a Season a Year Now

“I think that’s me in my old age. … I’m letting go of my compulsive aversion to serialization,” Harmon said, chuckling. “I’m letting younger writers who are fans of the show … if they tell me, ‘We need to address evil Morty,’ I believe them. I don’t want to be 49 years old and hitting millennials with my cane in the writer’s room and demanding that we do an episode about a talking yo-yo.”

Harmon said that as he’s allowed younger writers to take more of a lead in the show, he’s been seeing positive results. “That allows me to relax more and more,” he said.

“It’s just fresh blood with more connection to the audience that, at my age and my tax bracket, I’m going to organically become disconnected from,” Harmon said.

“We don’t want to see Rick and Morty episodes about him arguing with his gardener. If we continue that write-what-you-know rule, and I’m in charge of everything, then the show is going to get really boring.”