Rise of the Tomb Raider

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah this game is really good. Wow, what a surprise.

I will say, wait for the PC version tho it will look better. It has some framerate issues, and all the textures aren't as crisp as they should be. Gameply wise it's a really engrossing game.

It's like the best of Uncharted, with the crafting system of Last of Us, and the puzzle solving of Tomb Raider.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Tomb Raider was my #2 game of the year in 2013 when it released. It had the unfortunate timing of releasing in the same year as The Last of Us or it would've been my game of the year for sure.

spronk

FPS noob
the only (minor) flaws I'd say were the tombs really didn't have puzzles, just stuff you had to click on in order with no real way of screwing anything up. But there were a lot of them so thats good. Also the upgrades never really felt useful or interesting, just minor stuff that basically unlocked as you progressed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
loving this game

It really feels like a mix of Last of Us, Skyrim, and Goldeneye.

Malkav

French Madman
Still no release date for the PC version aside Q1 2016?

How are the performances of the game on the XOne? Any framerate issue? Worth waiting for the PC port as I have a beefy rig?

Got a 50? giftcard to use this month and was considering getting this.

Column_sl

shitlord
There really isn't any framerate issues you can just tell when it dips down to 30fps.

It's a beautiful game. The loading times can be abit long when going from zone to zone, but that's most games on consoles.

Basically it looks like a next gen Naughty Dog game.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I finished the game 100% and had no problems, there were one or two areas where frames dropped and it became a bit laggy (basically tons and tons of fire on screen) but loved the game. The first DLC - House of Baba Yaga - was announced at TGA too and will ship in January. I traded my game in already, but liked it enough that if the PS4 version launches with all DLC included I'd probably rebuy and replay.

i'd definitely pick this up over just cause 3, playing that right now and while its a bit more crazy type fun, you get completely stuck in 45-90 sec load screens constantly (every time you fail / die, happens a lot)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still no release date for the PC version aside Q1 2016?

How are the performances of the game on the XOne? Any framerate issue? Worth waiting for the PC port as I have a beefy rig?

Got a 50? giftcard to use this month and was considering getting this.
Looks stunningly beautiful. Im close to 100 % need to collect more cards. Playing witcher 3, fallout 4, and this back to back has been one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

Malkav

French Madman
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Jumped the gun and bought it. Will start it after my Syndicate playthrough.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Someone spotted the PC version on Amazon listed as January 29, 2016. Here's hoping.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am still waiting for a patch to fix the Input lag on Xbox One. Plugging in the controller did not help. Lots of folks are experiencing the issue.

Malkav

French Madman
Finished my Syndicate play-through yesterday, so started this today.

Only got to the first base camp, but holy shit is the game beautiful.

First tomb was nice, with the escape sequence keeping me on edge.

Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Oh, and I didn't notice any weird input lag on my end, even wireless.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Finished my Syndicate play-through yesterday, so started this today.

Only got to the first base camp, but holy shit is the game beautiful.

First tomb was nice, with the escape sequence keeping me on edge.

Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Oh, and I didn't notice any weird input lag on my end, even wireless.
My Xbox One must be broken. Do you have TV passthrough on? I am trying to think of anything that would be messing this up. Every other game, across all other systems, work fine except for this one. This is the only game I am suffering it in. I have tried plugging in the controller, any software updates, controller updates, and game mode for the set has been on forever (And doesn't happen across platforms)

I cannot think of anything else causing this. Digital version.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't notice any input lag, Digital edition w/regular wireless controller. Finished the game in around 40 hours doing all side quests, tombs and crypts. If you're just out for the story you can probably be done in 15-20 hours.

Malkav

French Madman
My Xbox One must be broken. Do you have TV passthrough on? I am trying to think of anything that would be messing this up. Every other game, across all other systems, work fine except for this one. This is the only game I am suffering it in. I have tried plugging in the controller, any software updates, controller updates, and game mode for the set has been on forever (And doesn't happen across platforms)

I cannot think of anything else causing this. Digital version.
My Xbox is plugged in on my audio receiver which is then plugged to the TV. No game mode or anything special enabled on my TV.

Have my set-top box plugged on the HDMI in of the console, but the thing is always in sleep mode, never watch TV.

Physical copy of the game in my case.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fired up to play it, just need to get passed this hurdle. It's unplayable for me right now. I'll keep monkeying with some settings.