Robert Jackson Bennett

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I finished The Troupe last night. I am really digging his style of writing and the settings. Is the Founders Trilogy going to disappoint me after those three stand alone novels?
Sorry I guess the thread fell off my radar. I never read that series, so it could be a roll of the dice. I guess check them out and see if it's worth it, and if it's good I might go ahead and pick them up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Sorry I guess the thread fell off my radar. I never read that series, so it could be a roll of the dice. I guess check them out and see if it's worth it, and if it's good I might go ahead and pick them up.

The first one was really good. He really has a way of crafting a weird, compelling setting. I started the second one, got 50 pages in, it didn't catch me so I stopped and don't know how I feel about it so far. His one shot novels were great, but just the start to this second one where he is re-introducing the characters and the setting is just so fucking boring. I will power through it and report back once I finish the latest Stephen King short story collection, You Like It Darker. Spoiler alert: King is still the best horror short story writer in the world.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The first one was really good. He really has a way of crafting a weird, compelling setting. I started the second one, got 50 pages in, it didn't catch me so I stopped and don't know how I feel about it so far. His one shot novels were great, but just the start to this second one where he is re-introducing the characters and the setting is just so fucking boring.
Yeah the guys really creative, and he writes pretty decent dialogue and compelling characters, but it almost kind of seems like a Stephen King deal where his original novels were the best and then you just kind of tapers off. I don't know. I just haven't read any of his newest stuff.

There is another...

I don't remember if I had mentioned it in this thread, but got to shill for my boy Nick Cutter. If you like some pretty horrific, Lovecraftian fiction, you should check his body of work out. LiquidDeath LiquidDeath , he has three novels that would be right up your alley. Again, all of the audio versions are fantastic. I think I've listened to all of his novels three times at this point, they're just probably the best horror fiction that's come out in recent memory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I like his stand alones. I personally liked the Founders Trilogy. His new murder mystery series is pretty cool as well. He's releasing the second book of his new series Shadows of Leviathan every year now, instead of every 2 years which he did with Founders Trilogy.

My favorite character in the Founders Trilogy was Clef. Robert Jackson Bennett does a good job of making him a loveable character. Also I liked Orso a lot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I like his stand alones. I personally liked the Founders Trilogy. His new murder mystery series is pretty cool as well. He's releasing the second book of his new series Shadows of Leviathan every year now, instead of every 2 years which he did with Founders Trilogy.

My favorite character in the Founders Trilogy was Clef. Robert Jackson Bennett does a good job of making him a loveable character. Also I liked Orso a lot.
Shit, might have to check them out. Thank you sir. For a lurker to come out of nowhere and talk about this oddball topic, well I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Just makes sense that they're being genuine about it.

Right on...🙂

Unless you're some sort of Robert Jackson Bennett bot army to drive sales to his audible library!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Glad this got bumped so I can remember to start a few of these after wrapping up 3 Body re-read finally. Was trying to remember what was next on my list.

• 1Like