Saints row 4

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, someone help me out here because I don't see the appeal of actually playing these types of games. There's only so many dudes I can club with giant dildos before the whackiness wears off and it just becomes a sandbox with bland shooter gameplay.

I gave SR2 a try, got bored, wrote it off as crappy controls on the PC. Tried SR3, pretty much the same. Played it on hard and was just amazed at how sloppy I could be with the shooter mechanics. If I didn't get these games in that dirt cheap humble bundle, I would have been pissed. Every single game, was either shit or wouldn't even run(except company of heroes! Already played those). Red Faction and Metro 2033 probably would have sucked anyway.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You dont like these games, so dont play them! Pretty simple. No need to try to convince you, you're not the type that these games are aimed at.

Some people need set linear stuff in their games, others find/create their own fun.

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
So, someone help me out here because I don't see the appeal of actually playing these types of games. There's only so many dudes I can club with giant dildos before the whackiness wears off and it just becomes a sandbox with bland shooter gameplay.

I gave SR2 a try, got bored, wrote it off as crappy controls on the PC. Tried SR3, pretty much the same. Played it on hard and was just amazed at how sloppy I could be with the shooter mechanics. If I didn't get these games in that dirt cheap humble bundle, I would have been pissed. Every single game, was either shit or wouldn't even run(except company of heroes! Already played those). Red Faction and Metro 2033 probably would have sucked anyway.
Saints Row isn't for everyone. I certainly don't like every game out there, even the ones that are highly reviewed.
But Saints Row had plenty for me to like:
Saints Row 2, receiving a frantic call for help after you've been drugged: "Why is there a leprechaun in my phone?" "Don't worry little leprechaun, I'll save you!"
Saints Row 2, after booting homeless people out of their filthy encampment (paper reads: Homeless Bums now more Homeless): "Correction, this place is a fucking dump, with _potential_!"
Saints Row 3, in a VTOL jet: "It's like a helicopter fucked a plane!"
Saints Row 3 has something like twelve different way to hit someone in the groin. I've done a few thousand of those and keeps getting funnier.
Saints Row 3: "Dick move, unicorn. Dick move."
Saints Row 3: "You should be seeing a visual representation of the Decker Use-Net now." "You know what I see, Kinzie? I'm. A. Fucking. Toilet!"

Saints Row 4 look promising to me. If you didn't like 3, then you probably shouldn't waste your time and money on it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I liked SR3. Never played open world game before. I always thought these sort of games were for punks and losers. I just wish I had more shit to do and build in SR3 because it got boring after taking over 2 districts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You dont like these games, so dont play them! Pretty simple. No need to try to convince you, you're not the type that these games are aimed at.

Some people need set linear stuff in their games, others find/create their own fun.
I have nothing wrong with sandbox games. I think they need a little more than some whacky humor(and the humor is very good at times) to tie it all together. That's why I was ragging on the shooter mechanics. I've played sandbox games with good combat, that's basically what Prototype is. And that's not to say Prototype or even its combat doesn't have problems. But it has been shown you can do sandbox and good combat, so why not expect the same out of SR?

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money.jpg

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money.jpg

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I have nothing wrong with sandbox games. I think they need a little more than some whacky humor(and the humor is very good at times) to tie it all together. That's why I was ragging on the shooter mechanics. I've played sandbox games with good combat, that's basically what Prototype is. And that's not to say Prototype or even its combat doesn't have problems. But it has been shown you can do sandbox and good combat, so why not expect the same out of SR?
Not sure but for me SR3 had it all. The shooting was decent (not terrible or great), the sandbox mechanics were good, and the humor was full throttle.. possibly the best humor in any game I've played and they kept it going throughout the whole game.

I could play this game for humor/story alone.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
bro, are you accusing me of being a rapist.

EDIT: Superhirobro, people scoff at the idea of "rape culture," that's inflicted on women systematically (wiki it bro). It's a term that's stemmed from prison rape culture, which was actually a real thing in one of British prison. DON'T DROP THE SOAP BRO. If rape is funny for men, it's funny for women too. Chillax.