Salem's Lot (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Salem's Lot (2024)

Genre: Horror

Director: Gary Dauberman

Cast: Lewis Pullman, Alfre Woodard, Makenzie Leigh, Bill Camp, Spencer Treat Clark, Pilou Asbæk, John Benjamin Hickey, William Sadler, Jordan Preston Carter, Nicholas Crovetti, Cade Woodward, Kellan Rhude, Debra Christofferson, Rebecca Gibel, Mike Bash, Fedna Jacquet, Avery Bederman, Liam Anderson, Marilyn Busch, Sage Rudnick, Alyana Hill, Gavin Maddox Bergman, Robert Bouvier, Daniel George

Release: 2024-10-11

Runtime: 113

Plot: Author Ben Mears returns to his childhood home of Jerusalem’s Lot in search of inspiration for his next book, only to discover his hometown is being preyed upon by a bloodthirsty vampire.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They are making another version???? How many does this make?
Makes three. Had the original one with I think had Burgess Meredith and a famous British actor. And you had a Sci-Fi or some TV network one in the early 2000s, that one had Rob Lowe and Rutger Hower.

The old one's not bad, but not faithful to the book, second one was a lot more faithful but just kind of cheesy. I've actually been trying to find it on streaming just cuz I wanted to re-watch it.

It doesn't look bad per se. I guess they're just trying to do maybe an adaptation in modern times?

I'll probably check it out just to be able to compare it to the other two.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
One of my favorites

1726175586336.jpeg

Hanging out with vampires writing their memoirs.

edit - this new one looks really generic

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Makes three. Had the original one with I think had Burgess Meredith and a famous British actor. And you had a Sci-Fi or some TV network one in the early 2000s, that one had Rob Lowe and Rutger Hower.

The old one's not bad, but not faithful to the book, second one was a lot more faithful but just kind of cheesy. I've actually been trying to find it on streaming just cuz I wanted to re-watch it.

It doesn't look bad per se. I guess they're just trying to do maybe an adaptation in modern times?

I'll probably check it out just to be able to compare it to the other two.
They also made one set in olde timey wooden ship times with Adrien Brody called Chapelwaite and then Midnight Mass by that Netflix director, Mike Flanagan, that sucks off King every chance he can get. This is super well worn territory. The Brody prequel take on it was actually pretty good

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They also made one set in olde timey wooden ship times with Adrien Brody called Chapelwaite and then Midnight Mass by that Netflix director, Mike Flanagan, that sucks off King every chance he can get. This is super well worn territory. The Brody prequel take on it was actually pretty good
Ahhhh. Midnight Mass was actually really great, and there's obvious inspiration from Salems Lot. Flanagan is a pretty great director for horror, and most of his stuff is quality.

I'll have to check out the Brody deal.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reread this book last year. Forgot how amazing it was. As I was reading, I kept wishing they would finally make a good film/tv version of it. Now that they're doing it, I can't stop worrying about how bad they are going to fuck it up. Modern Hollywood has seriously damaged me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Reread this book last year. Forgot how amazing it was. As I was reading, I kept wishing they would finally make a good film/tv version of it. Now that they're doing it, I can't stop worrying about how bad they are going to fuck it up. Modern Hollywood has seriously damaged me.
Yeah, I listened to it again maybe a year or so ago, a long with Christine. They're both great books and have had some at least decent adaptations.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
I always wondered if he did a hit and run like Jack Torrence in The Shining. Maybe he abused his son, think he's gay?
I don't think King ever killed anyone. He tries to act scary, but he's nothing more than a dork.

If King was gay he would be loud and proud about it. He would be out there sucking the devils dick in public just to show how dedicated he is to democracy.

It's no secret King fantasized about young girls and rape. It's what he did during those cocaine years in Hollywood that should put him at the end of a rope.
1726335961676.jpeg

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know a ton about the guy's personal life, but I was assuming he just meant something like he wished he had spent more time with his kids while they were growing up...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't know a ton about the guy's personal life, but I was assuming he just meant something like he wished he had spent more time with his kids while they were growing up...

Well....with someone's kids at least.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the whole pedo thing is pretty tired at this point. Everyone famous is a pedo these days, especially if you don't like them.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't think King ever killed anyone. He tries to act scary, but he's nothing more than a dork.

If King was gay he would be loud and proud about it. He would be out there sucking the devils dick in public just to show how dedicated he is to democracy.

It's no secret King fantasized about young girls and rape. It's what he did during those cocaine years in Hollywood that should put him at the end of a rope.
View attachment 545964
I was referring to the son being gay, Joe Hill, or at least that's his pen name.

King just has a lot of child abuse in a ton of his books, makes you at least wonder.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dunno. King has a lot of Vampirism and Telekinesis in his books too, but I don't assume he's a telekinetic vampire.

He's an NPC who openly chugs the woke koolaid. Thats enough reason to consider him a worthless human. Don't need to invent others IMO.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database