Salem's Lot (2024)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So watched a bunch of the Chapel Waite episodes. I read The originals short story, don't remember what king anthology it was from, but remember it being Lovecraftian, and I don't necessarily remember there being vampires in the short story.

Seems like it's a blend of what I remember from that and Salem's lot, specifically with the priest, sheriff, the guy who returns home, etc.

It's not bad, old cheesy and was pretty slow to start, but before I finish this deal, I haven't seen suspicion it's going to be a stupid cliffhanger, and looking to see that there isn't a second season, I'm guessing it was canceled and I voice it my time.

Hopefully it ends where it could be considered a singular season, but I'm guessing that's probably not going to be the case.

That's really could have been condensed down and turned into an eight episode tight miniseries or something.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Rabbit_Games

Blackwing Lair Raider
King has written some awesome stuff over the years ( one of my favorite Fantasy books is Eyes of the Dragon ), but there were also some duds-- I'm looking at you Tommyknockers! But the older he gets, the more his insane, asinine take on reality melds into his writing. Then you've got the adaptions... ugh. I used to read stuff that really amazed me and thought, "I'd love to see a movie bring this to life". I don't think that way anymore. I'm tired of watching the things I love get absolutely fucking destroyed by Hollywood.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Finished that Chapelwaite thing. It was pretty good but it had its woke moments. They didn't seem too obnoxious, but it was obvious if you know what I mean.

All in all I thought it was good but I didn't realize it was going to be a supposed series, and reading up on it it's been canceled. I'd honestly like to watch a second season, but that is a pretty good job about leaving where it is.

Thanks Heriotze Heriotze for suggesting it. I did enjoy it overall.