Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Scavengers Reign

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Animation

First aired: 2023-10-19

Creator: Charles Huettner, Joseph Bennett

Cast: Sunita Mani, Wunmi Mosaku, Alia Shawkat, Bob Stephenson, Ted Travelstead

Overview: When a deep space freighter is damaged by a solar flare its surviving crew are stranded on a beautiful and unforgiving planet. They begin to learn the true nature of this planet as they try to survive long enough to escape or be rescued.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm about four episodes in and really enjoying this. I feel like I'm watching some kinda No Man's Sky inspired world.

The animation is restrained for the most part but the direction is really good. Feels like a lot of thought was put into its production.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Don't sleep on this one, homies. I'm 11 ep deep and giving the Bisi 2023 Seal of Approval.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sold after the first episodes. It is this crazy blend of old MTV Liquid Television (Aeon Flux, Max, etc) and early Adult Swim (Seaquest, Blue Gender,Venture Bros, Metalaocalypse) and a couple of other things. It really is pretty amazing I think, so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

other than fucking up and watching 80% of E9 while skipping E7&8, really enjoyed this. probably top 10 of things watched this year.

still no word on a season 2, creators said they felt they told a good complete story with season 1, but do have plans if it gets more.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Pretty sold after the first episodes. It is this crazy blend of old MTV Liquid Television (Aeon Flux, Max, etc) and early Adult Swim (Seaquest, Blue Gender,Venture Bros, Metalaocalypse) and a couple of other things. It really is pretty amazing I think, so far.
Had to mention blue gender, one of my oddly favorite series and movie. May have to give this one a shot.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had to mention blue gender, one of my oddly favorite series and movie. May have to give this one a shot.

I can't promise anything with regards to Blue Gender. It was just the first thing that popped in my head. I haven't even seen it since it aired and I was drunk in college.

But I did finish the series and my opinion didn't change. Overall I thought it was excellent.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
very entertaining - would love more stuff from the planet / universe

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
14867-bFlVZV8TQbs8hcIY7PVYonYFMgK.jpg

Title: Scavengers Reign

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Animation

Creator: Charles Huettner, Joseph Bennett

Cast: Sunita Mani, Wunmi Mosaku, Alia Shawkat, Bob Stephenson, Ted Travelstead

First aired: 2023-10-19

Overview: When a deep space freighter is damaged by a solar flare its surviving crew are stranded on a beautiful and unforgiving planet. They begin to learn the true nature of this planet as they try to survive long enough to escape or be rescued.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody else watching this? Haunting, nightmare inducing, anxiety causing, but also kind of amazing.

• 1Picard

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think there's already a thread for this? But yeah, it's fucking amazing. Especially if you drop an edible before each viewing. I love crazy animation and Sci-Fi like this while on THC.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there's already a thread for this? But yeah, it's fucking amazing. Especially if you drop an edible before each viewing. I love crazy animation and Sci-Fi like this while on THC.
Weird, thanks. I used the search but came up with nothing. Was surprised due to how good this is. This is not your standard show and I have seen it making some lists for best of the year.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Weird, thanks. I used the search but came up with nothing. Was surprised due to how good this is. This is not your standard show and I have seen it making some lists for best of the year.
In the “current animation” compare and contrast battle, I enjoyed this WAY more than Blue Eyed Samurai. They aren’t same and it isn’t worth comparing probably other than to argue on the internet… but this was way better and that generic girl power samurai show was dumb.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the “current animation” compare and contrast battle, I enjoyed this WAY more than Blue Eyed Samurai. They aren’t same and it isn’t worth comparing probably other than to argue on the internet… but this was way better and that generic girl power samurai show was dumb.
Watched and enjoyed both but they are almost incomparable.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I really enjoyed this. I sincerely hope there's a second season. Disagree that this was a 'complete' story.

• 1Like

Szlia

Not necessarily a huge fan of the weird-for-the-sake-of-weird ecosystem that is at the very heart of this show, but the clean bande dessinée inspired visuals, the neat, seemingly rotoscoped, animation and the simple but original story make it worth watching.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database