Scavengers Reign

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really enjoyed this. I sincerely hope there's a second season. Disagree that this was a 'complete' story.
I feel like they really expanded the universe there right at the end where the cunty lady got boarded by the religious zealots straight out of a Warhammer campaign.

Oldbased

> Than U
I haven't finished it and I'll admit anime/cartoon/drawing stuff isn't my thing much at all but after watching Fired on Mars I decided to give it a shot. It's very odd and I've missed half of it on way to episode 7 I think it was. The brain psycho bugs was the best parts for me. Reminded me of the brain bug from Starship Troopers.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The three best series I've watch in 2023:
Scavengers reign
Blue eye samurai
Adventure time: Fiona and cake

Its the year of animation for me, boys

Oh also Fargo s5

Edit: 2023

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The three best series I've watch in 2024:
Scavengers reign
Blue eye samurai
Adventure time: Fiona and cake

Its the year of animation for me, boys

Oh also Fargo s5
Best show I have seen so far in 2023 was season 1 of The Wire, but there still may be time. I am currently on season 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Binged this recently, really enjoyed it. Great character arcs, no extremely stupid decisions made by anyone which is something I don’t like about a lot of anime. People just lost and getting fucked up by nature.

It did have a little too much specific interactions I thought were unnecessary.
When they needed sticky stuff for their feet was the worst offender. “Drop this flower petal on the ground and an insect appears to crawl around this rock so spikes stick out with colored balls and when it finds the right color just take that ball and smash it to create an instant big balloon full of sticky stuff to pop” Like holy shit that was way too much specific interaction and character knowledge, they should have just used some mud in that scene.

Another scene that was lost on me was
the weird flower with floating orbs and the tiny man that went through its little life cycle. Was this scene just a miniature “the cycle of life and death?” It was just odd and unnecessary if so, I thought a lot of the overall story already gave that theme well enough. If it was some other profound meaning I didn’t get it.

Hope it gets more seasons, I don’t watch animation much but this one was great so would love to see where the story goes next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A+++, top show for me. Would love to see another few seasons. Obviously this show was very focused on 'let's make a show about weird alien shit." but the character development, plot, world building and animation (aside from the character's faces who all looked like unserious Saitama?) was great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The craziest part about this show is it's the old Adult Swim animation studio from the like 2006-2012 era or so - they did Superjail, Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, etc.

It's insane the leap from that kind of stuff to this level of full production animation.