Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the biggest fundamental problem with a vertical forest is convincing someone to pay for a high rise suite so they can look out their window and see a bush instead of a city scape.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The views would be obstructed nobody would like it.
agree completely.

What we need is cameras on the exterior, and then giant LED TVs on the interior walls. Then we can all just live underground.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
agree completely.

What we need is cameras on the exterior, and then giant LED TVs on the interior walls. Then we can all just live underground.

If everyone lived in high rises as pictured with or without vegetation on them we'd have the remaining 99% of the land mass on earth to curate greenspace, making the vegetation on the high rises unnecessary.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got a link to that analysis?

No, iirc it basically boiled down to weight -> additional structure and then you're paying enormously for this sq footage in the first place and you're using it for trees. Then you have watering and trimming. Just build your earth rape building and then with the money put a thousand acres in a perpetual trust or buy everyone in hangdong a catalytic converter.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No, iirc it basically boiled down to weight -> additional structure and then you're paying enormously for this sq footage in the first place and you're using it for trees. Then you have watering and trimming. Just build your earth rape building and then with the money put a thousand acres in a perpetual trust or buy everyone in hangdong a catalytic converter.
Thanks, sounds about right.

Reminds me of solar panelled roads. Harder to combine two conflicting things tgoether than build two optimized things separately.

Picasso3

Thanks, sounds about right.

Reminds me of solar panelled roads. Harder to combine two conflicting things tgoether than build two optimized things separately.

No shit i almost used that as an example

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Him and pemulis have been salting every post i make, it's very upsetting.

• 2Salty

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Short, lightweight, can stab but pull out clean and quickly.
lol.jpg

Elminage

N00b
I'm fascinated with building an RF Inverter circuit. WIth an antenna, you can pick up "junk" radio waves that are constantly around us (in urban environments especially). These waves are AC, and can be converted to DC and used or stored. Yes, I'm aware it's a "small" amount of energy, but you could store it up over a long period of time to do one "big" thing or you could do some very small energy thing often (like beep).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm fascinated with building an RF Inverter circuit. WIth an antenna, you can pick up "junk" radio waves that are constantly around us (in urban environments especially). These waves are AC, and can be converted to DC and used or stored. Yes, I'm aware it's a "small" amount of energy, but you could store it up over a long period of time to do one "big" thing or you could do some very small energy thing often (like beep).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I live a block away from an FM radio station's main tower. I've got an electronics geek friend who wants to build one of those, and I've offered my back yard to him, but he hasn't taken me up on it yet.

Elminage

N00b
here's some notes I picked up from different places:

germanium diodes

full wave bridge rectifier that has filter capacitors that help "smooth out" the output with a wide range of input RF frequencies. A normal full wave bridge rectifier (which is generally a 4 pin IC) found in household electronics would only be designed to turn 120v 60hz AC and turn it into the desired DC output for electroncs.

Use 1N60's or 1N5711's - 50V 470uf electrolytic capacitors work best don't use the ceramic disc capacitors use the 50V 470uf's for the whole circuit and you need an inductor between the antenna and the circuit. I use a 500' horizontal loop antenna with dual coax feed - I went to my local farm supply store and found screw in plastic electric fence insulators they have a eye that has a diagonal cut in it so you can just set the wire in the eye and it won't fall out - I screwed them into all the trees in my yard 10' off the ground and ran 500 feet of #14 THHN stranded wire to each one and joined the wire in the middle with a porcelain spool electric fence insulator. With duel coax coming from the loop antenna you can hook two RF to DC converters to it and put the outputs from the two RF to DC converters in series to double the output - with my recent experiments my output is starting to compete with batteries. I also started messing with isolated ground rods and voltage doublers putting one at each corner of the loop to see if I can pull energy from the ground and air and combine it.?

I have two 8' ground rods 4' apart in the ground and a 500' horizontal loop antenna made from #14 THHN stranded copper wire strung 10 feet off the ground and I connected two multistage rf to dc converter circuits made from inductors, 1N60 diodes, and 50V 470uf electrolytic capacitors to the ground rods and both ends of the loop and I connected the outputs from both the RF to DC converter circuits in series to double the output - the out put from my experiments is starting to compete with batteries. Over the winter months I plan to run an 8,500' loop antenna made from #42 enameled copper wire around my large attic just do 5-10 laps a day for a couple weeks.?

Best thing is to find your local broadcast fm transmitter find out on the net the transmission frequency. Build a very basic xtal set with a high frequency diode.make a coil of 4-5 tuns of 2.5mm copper 6 mm dia air core. Use a 10-30pr trimmer across the coil. In place of headphones use a bridge rectifier and use led as load. 3M antenna All this is from memory so you will need to experiment. Use a meter to measure voltage this allows for fine adjustments.

Attachments

• RF-DC.pdf
    534 KB · Views: 10
  • RF-DC2.pdf
    785.4 KB · Views: 80