Scott Weiland dead

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Scott Weiland Found Dead on Tour Bus | TMZ.com

I loved Stone Temple Pilots in the 90s, and Velvet Revolver with him as lead was pretty fucking decent too.

Comes as no surprise to anyone, though, Im sure.

The only shocking part is that he made it to 48 and that this happened in 2015 instead of 1997.

Anyway, RIP.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
absolutely no surprise. My music heyday was the early 90's and admittedly I was never into STP but I have to admit they left an imprint on the musical landscape. My nephew 20 years my junior is really torn up about it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
RIP Scott. STP was one of my favorite bands growing up. i had been hoping for him to make a comeback to STP so I could see them live but sometimes life just doesn't work out that way.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, absolutely not surprised, but absolutely disappointing he couldn't get his shit together and make more music akin to what we grew up with.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Loved STP. Saw them many times, my favorite was at the Greek Theater in 95ish. First two albums are classics. Think I also saw them open with Blind Melon for Neil Young, they really had some great lineups.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
ok i know a few folks in the big time music business, but i manage a retail store, so I'm just asking...how does this happen? How does someone of this level of "fame" in the music biz go this long (15 years plus, seriously) nwithout someone throwing them in check? No one went next level on the intervention?

Sterling

El Presidente
ok i know a few folks in the big time music business, but i manage a retail store, so I'm just asking...how does this happen? How does someone of this level of "fame" in the music biz go this long (15 years plus, seriously) nwithout someone throwing them in check? No one went next le
Because some of these super talented people are also super fucked up? I would imagine there were people that did in fact try to help him and shit still goes bad sometimes.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely shitty. I never got a chance to see STP although I had a few opportunities. Still play the first two albums somewhat regularly. The chord progression during the verse in Interstate Love Song is one of my favorites. But yeah, everyone saw this coming and I'm also surprised it took this long. Dude could never keep a band together due to his problems and you know plenty of people tried to help him out along the way.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
chris-cornell-soundgarden-353x.jpg

rip in peace; Weyland corp still going strong though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shitty, but like others I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. Guy loved his hard drugs like nobody's business, and abused the hell out of them and alcohol on the regular.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've got like 200mb of STP/VR on my phone. Gonna playlist the two and listen all day. Love me some Weiland.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Least surprising death since Amy Winehouse, but still pretty shitty. When I first got into music when I was around 12 or 13, STP was one of the first CD's I bought (might have even been a cassette).

Also the whole 'posting other celebrity pictures' is the least funny thing since the dawn of time, I don't even understand why people do it anymore.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Loved STP, but this is about as surprising as Charlie Sheen getting the hodj.

RIP in peace.

Brad2770

Also the whole 'posting other celebrity pictures' is the least funny thing since the dawn of time, I don't even understand why people do it anymore.
I was going to say "It's like the old people that still say 'funky' or 'radical' thinking they are being hip." I then remembered asking my son what 'totes' means, so I think I kind of fall into that old crowd I'm speaking about.

Damn.