Severance

kroenen

Regimen Morum
3.88 star(s) Rating: 3.88/5 8 Votes
Title: Severance

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-02-17

Creator: Dan Erickson

Cast: Adam Scott, Britt Lower, Patricia Arquette, Zach Cherry, Tramell Tillman, Jen Tullock, John Turturro, Christopher Walken, Dichen Lachman

Overview: Mark leads a team of office workers whose memories have been surgically divided between their work and personal lives. When a mysterious colleague appears outside of work, it begins a journey to discover the truth about their jobs.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive yet to be let down by Apple TV so will for sure give this a watch.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's a pretty cool plot idea, but I think it's one of those shows you'd feel you get more out of if you binge watch it after it's all released. It's one of those mystery type shows with slow dialogue that can really feel like 50% of an episode was worthless, but you still want to see 'what's next'.

Overall better than I expected, cool syfy type idea implemented in this which could spawn all sorts of spin offs and stuff really. Doubt it will, but it really is an interesting idea.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
it looks good but I aint getting apple TV unless it turns out they're not related to the gay assed Apple corporation. I need to figure out how to steal shows.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched the start on a lark as a post-movie palette cleanser. (The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre is garbage)

Everyone was instantly intrigued by this dark comedy. The way it has been filmed with plenty of lingering shots of abstract symmetry is just calming while also creepy as fuck.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like it. Not expecting that there is going to be some big reveal at the end, more that the season is going to be one gigantic Black Mirror episode

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Definitely a slower burn, and I'm wishing now I just waited until all episodes are released, but I've enjoyed it thus far. My guess for Helly is one of two directions. She's part of the "resistance" meant to help Mark finish Petey's work, or she's some kind of plant by the board to stir things up and reign in Harmony. I'm guessing the former since we've seen pretty clear evidence Helly's procedure was legit and why else would her outtie keep her in there unless she needs to get something done in there.

Animosity

This show is pretty terrible. It started out decent and intruging and just gets progressively worse. A story that could be told in 2 hours not 7. And why there is another season is beyond me. Theres just way too many plotholes and the the slow ass story telling isnt satisfying.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I gave up at the rendezvous with Christopher Walken.

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
What do you call a slow burn where nothing is actually burning ?

It's an interesting story concept, but I think it would have been better if it actually *was* a single black mirror episode.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Cliffhanger but i really enjoyed this. 2nd season could be great or trash. We’ll see

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved this first season. This show hits that perfect dystopian/depressing/dark humor angle for me. I really am over the weekly episode format these days, though. I thought I started it once it was all out, but had to wait for the final 2 episodes. I am conservatively excited for the 2nd season, but shows like Lost really jaded me to the cliffhanger mystery stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Really enjoyed the finale. Probably the best episode so far. I wish they gave you a little more information on things but guess that will come in season 2. Was really surprised this just wasnt a miniseries. I could see season 2 going downhill pretty quickly.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah the last 2 episodes were amazing and make the show, without that I think its just an extremely average, high production / amazing cast show but the last 2 episodes slap. The whole thing does feel like 3-4 hours of plot stretched to 9 hours but thats fine, better that than 4 hours of plot cut to 2 hours for a movie I suppose.

Reminds me a lot of Blade Runner, "This was not called execution. It was called retirement" is a running theme it feels like. The corporate stuff was hit and miss, it was neat conceptually and aesthetic wise but it also felt like what a Hollywood writer who never worked a day in a corporate office imagines what 70s corporate life is like.

Acting and set design is 10/10, they really nailed all that shit and the ensemble cast is amazing. The innie shrink was played by Dichen Lachman who stole the show in Dollhouse and is super naked in season 1 of Altered Carbon, which is great to watch (skip season 2). Always love her in everything she does (The 100 too) and it was great seeing her here.

show was renewed for season 2 a few days ago but i imagine it won't release till next year or later

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database