Severance

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wtf is `innie` ?
I've seen this repeatedly but never with enough context to figure out wtf it is supposed to mean.

Seems like an interesting show, but I am -super- spent on unfinished shows trying to find more seasons. Finish the product or don't release it.

• 3Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
the innie is the personality present during work times that lack memories of the "outside work" life. (which is different than the original personality that miss the working hours memories)... or its way around i dont remember, anyway its one of the 2 personalities.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seems like an interesting show, but I am -super- spent on unfinished shows trying to find more seasons. Finish the product or don't release it.
You want people to just not release shows unless they're willing to film every possible episode from the get go? What?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
For me, the MVP was MIlchick. His personality during the "parties" was hilarious. The scene where he talks about kind eyes also stands out.
Happy Ben Stiller GIF by Apple TV

One thing I didn't get. Supposedly Cobel hid the suicide attempt from the "board" but knowing what we know from the finale, how is that possible? Wouldn't that secretary/earpiece chick know and wouldn't Helena have some relationship with the "board?"

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I just assumed they always knew and were testing Cobel to see how she would work. cuz yeah, it doesn't make any sense the way it played out.

The show is definitely slow in episodes 1-7 but its not bad at all, just a lot of slow character and location development. The great thing is it pays off massively in episodes 8 & 9, a TON of shit that seemed off suddenly get payoffs like who is Gemma, what was the black oil all about, who was Helena, etc. There are still tons of huge mysteries but you aren't blue balled or anything. It reminds me a lot of Westworld, I thought season 1 was great and of course the show went off the rails completely after that.

The good news is though the show creator has been working on the idea since 2016, and says he has a pretty good plan on the basic end of the show, and its a question of 2, 3 or 5 seasons. We'll see. Westworld guys said the same thing and shit the bed. They've already said they want to do 10 episodes for season 2 of Severance.

and yeah Waffle Party and Jazz Party were the absolute standout moments of the season, Milcheck was awesome. There's a LOT of theorizing on what exactly the number crunching is and what it could mean, lot of interesting ideas.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I didn't get. Supposedly Cobel hid the suicide attempt from the "board" but knowing what we know from the finale, how is that possible? Wouldn't that secretary/earpiece chick know and wouldn't Helena have some relationship with the "board?"

I'm assuming Helena wouldn't tell the board due to the PR implications of her innie having attempted suicide, even with a loyal board. Her father knew though. I think secretary lady was the boards eyes/ears so she was also kept in the dark. It was a bit of a mess though, I think a couple lines could have easily cleared this up.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was definitely a very good watch, but it would have been better with 6 or 7 episodes only.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The most convincing argument for self harm I have ever seen presented.

Let's see you be the face of the product when I burning a gigantic fucking swastika in to your fucking forehead.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At this point there is no reason for "Helly" to ever come back to work, so there must be a broader plan to open the mystery up aside from the severed floor. The whole story also opens up when you consider the implications of the preggers bitch's use of severance. Don't have the motivation to workout? Just drive to the gym and let the trainer-doll take the wheel. Need highly specialized skillset? Train a severed soldier to do X and then have a Moon Knight switch to swap to murder bot mode.

I will say that as soon as Dichen Lachman popped up the likely scenario for all of this flooded my brain owing to Dollhouse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Apple released an ebook on The Lexington Letter, someone scanned it onto imgur

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy fuck I'd work there just for the chance to see this broad every once in a while

727b4747a7fb5446a5616cda7ee2688ae4e4606d.gifv

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
As they roamed the halls I was irrationally waiting for them to come across some Westworld stuff.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Holy fuck I'd work there just for the chance to see this broad every once in a while

she's in Dollhouse, The 100, and season 1 of altered carbon, gets naked a lot in the last one

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
She's way hotter here though. Her face is the size of a thanksgiving turkey platter in Altered Carbon - hair style here does a lot to mitigate it.

Did I miss something someplace or is it just their weird style or whatever, but why does everyone have iphones but drive 70s/80s shitbox cars?

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The innie shrink was played by Dichen Lachman who stole the show in Dollhouse
Wrong.

Envet Gjokaj stole the show in dollhouse. Dude showed an amazing capacity for acting multiple roles

PQdf.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My previous job was way too much like this show. I used to joke that none of our clients were real and that they were all just actors hiding in the warehouse somewhere, and that the whole thing was a government-funded experiment in human misery.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finished it. Super good! But yeah, at least one person on this writing team clearly had an extremely bizarre, abusive and completely nonsensical corporate job at some point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
For me, the MVP was MIlchick. His personality during the "parties" was hilarious. The scene where he talks about kind eyes also stands out.
Happy Ben Stiller GIF by Apple TV

The elder Eagan definitely knew Helena had been severely injured by what her innie did to her, but we don't know when he found out. We don't know whether Cobel put her in a hospital or maybe put her in a medical facility on campus. They obviously have medical facilities on-site, since they do major brain surgery on the regular. So it is technically possible they hid it from the board, if Helena was going along with hiding it. Cobel definitely felt she had some significant sway with Helena, or else she wouldn't have rushed to her at the end.

We don't really know anything about Helena as an outie other than that she's an Eagan. I don't think we know where in the Eagan family tree she is. We don't know her motivations for getting severed, other than to assist her family's political maneuvering. Outie Helena is possibly more brainwashed than Helly, or Helena is planning a coup of some kind, is probably an abuse victim, since Eagan family seems pretty fucking Epsteiny/pedo/pervy to me and Severance seems like the kind of thing someone who was an abuse victim would volunteer for. The idea of Cobel and Helena being a power axis trying to overthrow the board definitely works in terms of a long-term story arc.

I really think there's a few more twists to Mark and Helly's outies. Maybe outie Mark was a total fucking monster of a husband and that's why his wife faked her death?

My favorite thing about this show is that it actually answers questions, then poses new questions. It's like the opposite of shows like Lost that just pile up more questions without giving you any answers.

• 1Like