Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
My news feed had some stuff about Awkwafina being racist so of course I had to look!

She got what she deserved. She called herself a POC ally then they slapped her wrist when her past came back of her doing comedy with "blaccent". So now she self-exiled off twitter, (cancelled by her own volition) due to cucking to the herd of orcs bashing her for merely doing comedy like Dave Chappelle doing the white guy, which we find hilarious. These people have no humor, only hate.

Anyway... the movie was better than I expected honestly! I was expecting a complete Captain Marvel, but it was... eh... it was okay. It lost steam in the last act in my opinion... with some very eye-roll, this is soooo a marvel movie movie moments. They dropped the ball, the way the opening and middle section was going, but it wasn't a train wreck and again, I enjoyed myself... just felt the last part was bad and too paint-by-numbers scripted.

It's also interesting with the banning in China... I'm not going to pretend I'm geopolitically learned... just American culture I grasp well... but what is the problem from the CCP having this movie shown? If they want less emasculated men in their films, I totally missed where Shang Chi himself was anything but a strong character... he literally stood up against and fought his despotic father; that's the ultimate man thing to do, I don't get it?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know the exact details, but i thought the banning had to do with simu liu on some level? some comments he made half a decade ago about china being a third world country or some such...

i think it's sort of 2 issues. on one side the CCP just simply cannot allow anyone to speak poorly of their country and will do everything in it's power to silence dissenters, or in this case, silence their countrymen from hearing dissenters. on the other side, i think it's just a power play. everyone knows the world's biggest movie market is china and hollywood has been bending over backwards to keep china happy or else. this is the "or else."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Banning is their fight with marvel/Disney. They won't allow any movie I believe right now

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I see soooo much crap via my news feed that sometimes things get blurred and combined in my head when I'm going through things to keep up with joneses. I think I saw this headline and that's why I posted what I posted.

uymyujmyj.jpg

What a totalitarian shithole........

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya she's not exactly getting parts because of her great personality or acting skills...