Shitty customers

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Good for you man. I hated project management.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Good for you man. I hated project management.

Well, I use PM simply because thats what my title is....Basically, we get clients excited about shit, then send me to talk to 'em, gameplan, and implement.

I'm more of a special project gameplan/implementation guy, as above, than actually managing projects. I generally only get to farm out a small portion of each project. I'm more doing than simply managing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah let it be known that I really dig what I do. Sales engineering is a lot of fun. Just some of the sales people I work with are a stressful mess and it makes them even more stressed when I'm as relaxed as I am.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Let's share/rant about our stupid, annoying, asshole customers.

I'll start. I got this as a reply to a 3 step "Click this, then that" email about a software feature. Specifically, a add-on icon in Outlook is now red, and it used to be yellow.

"Followed the directions and, as I expected, it did nothing. I'm not going to waste my staff's time by having them all try it too. I would like one of you to figure out how to make it work correctly. If, after fixing it on one of our workstations, you would like to explain to me how you fixed the issue, I will be happy to perform the fix on the other workstations. Until you know that you have a solution, please do not waste my time trying this or that if you do not know for sure that it will work. I pay for this service so that I don't have to waste my time experimenting with possible fixes for problems that might or might not work. And yes, I am not happy with your attempt to make me responsible for fixing my own computers."
Request seems reasonable.
Sucks to have to just take her shit and eat it, but thats the cost of doing business. Glad you were vindicated in the end.
This is like when a guy gets charged as being a pedophile, he gets dragged into court for a year, and then, nope child was lying he was innocent all along.

Is he vindicated?

Last edited: