• No

Votes: 91 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yes, with the caveat that I don't know what he was specifically banned for. But unless it was some really egregious shit, I feel that he has the right to post like anyone else. It's a pain when he drags threads off on tangents, but I think the onus for that is at least as much on the people who insist on debating him on the same absurd shit over and over as it is on him. And I'm still hoping that he'll one day have a meltdown and we'll get a look insight whatever bizarre train of thought drives him to keep on arguing his point of view in the face of so much outright rejection and ridicule.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, with the caveat that I don't know what he was specifically banned for. But unless it was some really egregious shit, I feel that he has the right to post like anyone else. It's a pain when he drags threads off on tangents, but I think the onus for that is at least as much on the people who insist on debating him on the same absurd shit over and over as it is on him. And I'm still hoping that he'll one day have a meltdown and we'll get a look insight whatever bizarre train of thought drives him to keep on arguing his point of view in the face of so much outright rejection and ridicule.
He told Zyyzyz that his boss should fire him over his posts on this forum. It was out of control and Zyyyzzy was literally shaking. Amod couldn't even, so they banned him.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
He told Zyyzyz that his boss should fire him over his posts on this forum. It was out of control and Zyyyzzy was literally shaking. Amod couldn't even, so they banned him.

That's pretty borderline. if he actually said he was going to try and send the posts to Z's boss, or said that other people should, then that's probably pretty good grounds for a banning. If he was being strictly hypothetical, then I'm not so sure. As with all things Tanoomba, it's hard to tell because I constantly swing back and forwards on whether he's a really hard working troll or just a severe masochist.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think tanoomba should have known better than to pick on a poor government infosec employee when it comes to doxxing, it's normal to be super scared of the unknown

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That's pretty borderline. if he actually said he was going to try and send the posts to Z's boss, or said that other people should, then that's probably pretty good grounds for a banning. If he was being strictly hypothetical, then I'm not so sure. As with all things Tanoomba, it's hard to tell because I constantly swing back and forwards on whether he's a really hard working troll or just a severe masochist.
I'm firmly on the side that it should not be a ban. There was no threat. There was just Tanoomba being an uppity cunt. People don't realize how boring this place would be without our antagonists.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

khalid

Unelected Mod
People don't realize how boring this place would be without our antagonists.

I respect your opinion, but I and many others seem willing to take the chance that this forum will still be amusing without the worst 0.1%.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khalid

Unelected Mod

He made a winkwinknodnod threat to Zyyzyyz. When asked by the mods to drop it, he kept at it and wouldn't drop it.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm firmly on the side that it should not be a ban. There was no threat. There was just Tanoomba being an uppity cunt. People don't realize how boring this place would be without our antagonists.
Yes, and as far as antagonists go, Tanoomba is a one in a billion find. Good luck finding someone else willing to entertain the vocal majority's arguments on a day by day basis while being spammed with ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" every time he posts.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yes, and as far as antagonists go, Tanoomba is a one in a billion find. Good luck finding someone else willing to entertain the vocal majority's arguments on a day by day basis while being spammed with ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" every time he posts.
Eat shit and die pedophile

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I respect your opinion, but I and many others seem willing to take the chance that this forum will still be amusing without the worst 0.1%.
Fair enough, but there was no threat of doxxing is really the only point I've been making in this thread.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty

khalid

Unelected Mod
Fair enough, but there was no threat of doxxing is really the only point I've been making in this thread.

I think he knew that if he directly made the threat, he would get banned. So instead he tried to go right up to the line and say what he could and then wanted to play the "no actual threat was made!!!" game. The mods and many others made a decision of "fuck that shit".

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think he knew that if he directly made the threat, he would get banned. So instead he tried to go right up to the line and say what he could and then wanted to play the "no actual threat was made!!!" game. The mods and many others made a decision of "fuck that shit".
Please link the post where you feel any sort of threat is suggested.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Exactly. @Tanoomba's entire post history is back pedal and make semantics arguments.

• 2Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Think about this.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
Status
Not open for further replies.