Situations at work thread

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Get the 4xlt or 5 xlt if you can. JC Penney has outerwear tshirts and Polo styles in those sizes. Also, have fun with that awkward conversation. He probably already is not thrilled with his situation and as a guess, he probably is having a difficult time fitting in slacks well.
For those of you who think it is easy to manage and you just write off people who did not win the same genetic lottery as you it is not easy. G was big, meds caused a lot of it, his early poor choices some and his genetic house of cards a bunch. He HATED it. He hated himself because of it.
Yet, he was smart, and funny and thoughtful and kind and creative and talented in many areas. I ate a hell of a lot more than he did and remained slim, it is just how my body works.
So, Omi43221 Omi43221 please if and when you are having that conversation, be cautious. I already appreciate the empathy you are showing, even if the solution also is of benefit to you.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
ate a hell of a lot more than he did and remained slim, it is just how my body works.

Sorry, but major pet peeve of mine:
www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic

Anyway, it's not a situation of making the guy lose weight. Even insanely obese people can find clothes that fit them properly. I've seen plenty of obese folks who look sharp and professional. It's the same with the sweaty fat dude at my work. I'd never say he needs to lose weight (and I'm pretty damn sure the weight is what causes his sweat). Instead, I'd suggest alternative treatment, like getting prescription antiperspirant or something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
McCheese McCheese , I agree, people who are obese can and should be professional. I also think they should do whatever is in their power to change their situation. The cautionary tale is don't let it get too far. I may be too close to the situation to be rational about it. Or at least I was.
Sorry if I was unkind.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Fucking people here who want to talk politics even after I tell them"I don't want to talk about politics at all". Homocide is justifiable in this situation, correct?

Vinen

God is dead
Fucking people here who want to talk politics even after I tell them"I don't want to talk about politics at all". Homocide is justifiable in this situation, correct?

I walk into the break room and I hear Trump voters talking. It's sad.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Sorry, but major pet peeve of mine:
www.reddit.com/r/fatlogic

6b0830a91fd360cf729887c737fae27f.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What's the deal with these sweaty people? I'm fat, I sweat a lot when I do anything physical(mow the yard, walk up 5+ flights of stairs, etc), but I can't imagine that just being "fat" would make a person sweat while sitting still at a desk in an office. It seems like there's something else at play there, possibly a medical condition beyond just being obese.

Maybe buy them a little USB desk fan?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Well, the guy I was talking about sweats when he is teaching. His teaching involves lots of moving around in front of the classroom, as well as moving around among the tables in the room. Basically, this guy:

foleygv4.gif

If someone gets drenched in sweat from sitting at a desk then there is almost certainly a medical issue at play.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What's the deal with these sweaty people? I'm fat, I sweat a lot when I do anything physical(mow the yard, walk up 5+ flights of stairs, etc), but I can't imagine that just being "fat" would make a person sweat while sitting still at a desk in an office. It seems like there's something else at play there, possibly a medical condition beyond just being obese.

Maybe buy them a little USB desk fan?

My pits sweat real bad. Its not fun.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Get the 4xlt or 5 xlt if you can. JC Penney has outerwear tshirts and Polo styles in those sizes. Also, have fun with that awkward conversation. He probably already is not thrilled with his situation and as a guess, he probably is having a difficult time fitting in slacks well.
For those of you who think it is easy to manage and you just write off people who did not win the same genetic lottery as you it is not easy. G was big, meds caused a lot of it, his early poor choices some and his genetic house of cards a bunch. He HATED it. He hated himself because of it.
Yet, he was smart, and funny and thoughtful and kind and creative and talented in many areas. I ate a hell of a lot more than he did and remained slim, it is just how my body works.
So, Omi43221 Omi43221 please if and when you are having that conversation, be cautious. I already appreciate the empathy you are showing, even if the solution also is of benefit to you.

Before we go saying I am all full of empathy I feel gay as fuck already for looking for clothes for another man.
There is no way I'm going to be able to go up to him and say " Hey man, I shouldn't see your belly button at work. You might try these."
As far I'm concerned the only way I'm going to have this conversation is walk up to him, punch him in the nose, hear him say 'what the fuck' and then hand him the undershirts. THE ONLY WAY

• 2Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
Brotherman, you've got a plumber gut. And I kind of want to lick it. I just wanna lick it till the hair stands up like a petrified little forest. Now neither of us want that, so put this on.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This may sound stupid and obvious but I swear some folks don’t get that there is as difference between a deodorant and an antiperspirant.

Don’t buy a deodorant, don’t buy an antiperspirant.

BUY THE ONE THAT IS BOTH, it’s the same price !

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
You could avoid the conversation by just leaving them packaged on his desk with a prepaid gym membership. Just ignore the gentle sobbing you hear coming from his cube.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Next time it happens, just look at him, and say "dude, your hanging out of your shirt, might want to do something about that." No need to go out and buy a shirt, and as a guy who has once or twice been in his situation with a too small shirt, I know I'd appreciate a little candor, rather than pity. I hate fucking people who try to be sensitive and end up making a huge deal of something that is really trivial. Tell the dude straight up, he will respect you for it; just don't be an ass. Then again I have no feels, and an dead inside, so very little actually offends me.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Next time it happens, just look at him, and say "dude, your hanging out of your shirt, might want to do something about that." No need to go out and buy a shirt, and as a guy who has once or twice been in his situation with a too small shirt, I know I'd appreciate a little candor, rather than pity. I hate fucking people who try to be sensitive and end up making a huge deal of something that is really trivial. Tell the dude straight up, he will respect you for it; just don't be an ass. Then again I have no feels, and an dead inside, so very little actually offends me.

100% agree, don't buy him shirts, your not his mom.

Take him aside and just say, "dude your coming untucked, sorry to be that guy, but you gotta stay tucked here" then pat him on the shoulder and ask him if he saw the big game last night.

Bro bonding! Just be straight and to the point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Listen to the men as I am full of feels this week...tomorrow would have been G's 50th...
the male advice is much better than mine at least in this instance.

• 2Solidarity