Slow Horses

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Slow Horses

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2022-03-31

Creator: William Smith

Cast: Gary Oldman, Jack Lowden, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jonathan Pryce, Olivia Cooke, Freddie Fox, Christopher Chung

Overview: This quick-witted spy drama follows a dysfunctional team of MI5 agents—and their obnoxious boss, the notorious Jackson Lamb—as they navigate the espionage world’s smoke and mirrors to defend England from sinister forces.

spronk

FPS noob

First 2 episodes dropped today on Apple TV+

a comedy spy series starring Gary Oldman, Olivia Cooke, Jonathan Pryce? I'm in!

Isn't it illegal to make a new show in the UK with a mostly white cast?

6 episodes total, 1 a week after this I assume. Nice short little 6 hour series, perfect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
13579-oBqlO6ZjTcVFiE0lBj89lAOi18s.jpg

Title: Slow Horses

Genre: Drama, Crime

Creator: William Smith

Cast: Gary Oldman, Jack Lowden, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jonathan Pryce, Olivia Cooke, Freddie Fox, Christopher Chung

First aired: 2022-03-31

Overview: This quick-witted spy drama follows a dysfunctional team of MI5 agents—and their obnoxious boss, the notorious Jackson Lamb—as they navigate the espionage world’s smoke and mirrors to defend England from sinister forces.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit dude this was already posted like an hour ago. Stop spam posting dumb shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show is criminally underrated. Start watching it so it doesn't get cancelled

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This show is criminally underrated. Start watching it so it doesn't get cancelled
Watched the first two seasons recently and I couldn't agree more.

In a TV landscape filled with overwrought shit like Jack Ryan and The Terminal List (to name a few), this show stays way more grounded and I greatly appreciate it. The big incidents are realistic and the conspiracies are layered without being convoluted or reliant on a host of coincidences. The agents are flawed and not action heroes and most have multiple facets to their character. It's honestly been a breath of fresh air for me.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched the first 3 episodes or so. Not much happened and everyone in the cast for the most part seemed like a twat. Does it get better?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the first 3 episodes or so. Not much happened and everyone in the cast for the most part seemed like a twat. Does it get better?

Haha, well I guess maybe this show just isn't for you.

The only characters that are actually twats though are the IT guy, and James Webb

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's only six episodes a season so if you don't like it now I don't think you're going to like it.

spronk

FPS noob
Season 3 starts in 10 days or so, wanted to binge something new and spy-ish so watched both seasons the past week.

I have no fucking clue how this show got greenlit, its full of older, ugly people who are absolute shit at their job and being spies but I really enjoyed it. Its a show by assholes for assholes starring assholes which feels like a huge throwback to early 2000s Starz kinda stuff. I guess it snuck in that small window when everything was getting greenlit.

Its not amazing or mind bending or anything but Gary Oldman is hilarious and awesome and I more or less like most of the cast and its fun to see so many people screw up so much but occasionally do good.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i thought most british TV was now black and brown people yelling at white people about how shit they are

i guess thats all TV now

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Slow Horses is pretty good, but The Bureau blows it out of the water in pretty much every sense. In my top ten shows of all time:

Having recently seen the first two seasons of Slow Horses and the whole five seasons of The Bureau, I would say both shows are good but very different in tone and scope. Slow Horses is written with some caricatural characters while The Bureau leans toward a more subdued approach, trying to keep a veneer of serious and realist spycraft (a veneer that breaks here and there, but is mostly well maintained) rather than one of fun spy fiction. Fun spy fictions are fun, so I am looking forward to this 3rd season of Slow Horses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database