Slow Horses

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having recently seen the first two seasons of Slow Horses and the whole five seasons of The Bureau, I would say both shows are good but very different in tone and scope. Slow Horses is written with some caricatural characters while The Bureau leans toward a more subdued approach, trying to keep a veneer of serious and realist spycraft (a veneer that breaks here and there, but is mostly well maintained) rather than one of fun spy fiction. Fun spy fictions are fun, so I am looking forward to this 3rd season of Slow Horses.

That's a fair summary of how they are different. Would still say The Bureau was just better though- better writing, directing, story, acting (with the exception of Gary Oldman, who is the best actor in either show imo). Might be because I prefer gritty and realistic to pulpy.

Again though, I still like Horses a lot. Enjoying the third season- though I'm getting pretty sick of everyone using River as a punching bag and him taking it like he deserves it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I enjoyed season 3 but having nearly two episodes of mediocre and incredibly unrealistic gunplay was not serving the show's strengths.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yea because I asked if Fargo was good. Troll better dog fucker.

Says the guy that took 9 years to ask if Fargo was good, despite the multi page thread and despite him usually being the first to comment on movie/tv threads even the ones I was only posting to shut out certain idiots of the discussion. The same group of idiots this guy now belongs to

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So... fans of the show are slow too, alright. Might give it a shot. Love me some spy stuff, Gary O, Tinker-tailor-Soldier-Spy etc. I hope it's not like Chuck / Brooklyn 9-9 comedy like, but if so, not terrible.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So... fans of the show are slow too, alright. Might give it a shot. Love me some spy stuff, Gary O, Tinker-tailor-Soldier-Spy etc. I hope it's not like Chuck / Brooklyn 9-9 comedy like, but if so, not terrible.
I am finishing S1 just now. No real comedy that I can tell. Pretty decent so far.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida

Its not like either of those shows, its a serious spy show but Gary Oldman is an old cynical spy from the Cold War days having to put up with the Z team of the current MI5

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The real question is, what's the faggot and tranny count in this?

if there is any gay i dont remember it even being a plot point and zero tranny. Also Johnathan Pryce is in this which is always fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's some moments that make you laugh (Oldman constantly shits on his team) but it's a serious show, not at all like Chuck or B99.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users