I've kept most of my old phones in my electronics graveyard in basement storage

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my 2 month old s7 is tearing the 4th pin out of chargers

wife's 2 week old iphone7 power button broke

fuck the smartphone market.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I had an issue with my first 5x. Called them and they sent me a replacement and a shipping label to send the old one back. Didn't even use my protection plan either, they just swapped it out and it was all good. I'd imagine at least Apple would offer a similar level of appeasement.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So glad the new phones are on the way. Mine dies anywhere between 1 and 35% battery life. I guess restoring the phone fixes it maybe but that's a hassle.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It's a carrier issue not a phone issue I thought

It's an Android issue because they won't grow a pair and tell the carriers to fuck off like Apple. If Google decided, you aren't modifying our platform anymore and we're doing the updates to ensure security, the carriers have 2 choices. Fall in line or not sell phones. Since they like making money, they'll choose option 2, a la Apple.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
(apple employee, so take with a grain of salt)

For me, it comes down to the service options for iPhones. It has been my experience that if I need to get my phone fixed, for whatever reason, I can usually go straight to the Apple store and get it fixed right there and then, no fighting with carriers and their shittastic third party support, or (usually) having to ship off my phone to get it fixed.

When I was a little younger, I cared more about the wider range of features and options that android offered, now I just want a reliable phone that works, takes good (enough for me) pictures, and can be easily fixed if need be.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Well this Nexus 6p is so much better than my Moto x 2014. So much bigger too. Loving it.

It is the best phone I've ever owned, and the best price/performance and specs combo I've ever witnessed.

I don't know what I'm going to do once mine starts to die.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I've kept most of my old phones in my electronics graveyard in basement storage

I keep at least one older phone around as fallback. When we trade in phones where we don't have a 'newer' fall back in case the newest one breaks, then that person has to use the iPhone 4 of Shame.

So far my my wife is the only one who had to use it. She broke her screen 2 months before we were eligible for a free upgrade. I got to hear her complain about how slow that phone was the whole time.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I love my 6p but have a smattering of issues with it. Tend to restart it frequently on accident (or it locks up and restarts) and I appear to have some of the wifi issues that have plagued the handset. Frequently it gets stuck and I have to restart it when I get home for it to pick up and connect to my home wifi. It will display networks as if I'm still at work until then. Think this is what lead to my poor experience when I was in rural Colorado for Thanksgiving and pretty frustrated w/ Fi service.

In the end, other than the Thanksgiving trip, the size and forward facing speakers all make it worth it, this will likely be my phone until a similar phone is released, if I can help it.

Also, if anyone needs a simple case to make it easier to hold, absolutely love this - Amazon.com: Spigen Rugged Armor Nexus 6P Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for Nexus 6P 2015 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's a nice case. I use dyztronic as it's light and I don't need an need otter box replacement or anything.

So far on projectfi it's pretty good. The support is good, everything is laid out for us,and no real hiccups with networks. I work in a cement bunker almost so signalnhere is awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I used that case for my 6p as well, and ordered the same one for my Pixel.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just got the Pixel XL version of that case and I really like it. It doesn't quite offer as much grip as the cheapass case I had before, but I have never had buttons on a case that feel this good. They are still very clicky, and the power button is nicely textured. It's not a huge deal, but I appreciate little details like that, especially on a $13 case.