Smed teams up with Amazon to create new studio

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Granted, I'm not familiar with the operation of game dev studios, but that's par-for-the-course for other industries. When an executive moves from one company to another, they bring "their guys" with them.

I'm sure they were happy to get a steady paycheck again since Heros stopped development back in November.

Oldbased

> Than U
I wondered what happened to that Kickstarter and his game. Funny he ended the kickstarter and said no worries it is still privately funded but then apparently everyone got the boot? The story didn't go into much details or the when of that but whatever.
I remember them posting all sorts of pictures of their fancy office. I guess after dressing it in the Shilling style he met them in the parking lot.
Amazon throws money at anyone who can throw a sales pitch. I'm pretty sure if you can do a good enough sales pitch Amazon would toss you millions of dollars for a company that power washes bathrooms if they had a interest in that field( or the CIA )

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Amazon gaming is insanely safe. Dude is gonna grow old and retire with them for sure.

That job is a massive win for him.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazon gaming is insanely safe. Dude is gonna grow old and retire with them for sure.

That job is a massive win for him.
I don't think you know how Amazon works... if you don't show performance/value quickly, you're gone from Amazon.