So my daughter comes home from school crying. Send in the big brother?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was a lot of teenage angst finally bubbling to the surface right there.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reading this thread really has hammered home my personal need to temper my emotions before my little girl (who is 3) gets to school. I am not certain I have the wherewithal to take the appropriate course like Brahma did; I would have been enlisting appropriately aged cousins and sending them on a rampage of lesson-teaching, most likely with the full support of my wife - assuming she didn't get to the little bastards herself first and beat the shit out of them.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had a similar issue, some 11 year old boys where picking on my 8 year old son, my other son who is 11 saw them doing it, beat 3 of them up. I got a call from the school, telling me what had happened and I had to come in. I go there sit and listen to them telling me that my older son should not have done anything and should have told the teacher, which he had done previously but the school done nothing and my 8 year old had to hide in a toilet for lunch. I went ape shit at the school refused to back them on telling my son not to get involved if it happened again.

Took my boys to local restaurant for dinner that night, very proud of him for sticking up for his brother (they hate each other and fight everyday)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hating your sibling is one thing, that's family. Doesn't mean other people can mess with your brother, hated or not!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
What kind of fucking 11 year old picks on a 8 year old? I can understand a 16 picking on a 14 or something. But 11/8 is just really young...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bullies really are pathetic creatures? But around here that would be middle schoolers picking on grade schoolers, and I suspect the teachers/admin would have been forced to do something in that situation.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah I think Schools like to have a statement that they are committed to eliminate bullying and so forth ( big words big words etc ) . . . so that theyhave a statementthat they are committed to . . .

When there's an actual need for something to get done, they are weak / hamstrung etc