Soccer 2016-2017

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What about Footy?
Also i dont see a poll, yet. So a_skeleton_03 needs to get to work.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is this where we talk about MLS??

For the EPL, as a Spurs fan I'm excited for this season, CL and all, but I'm worried about squad rotation and I'm worried about being confident about the team - that has never panned out well before.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was wondering why there was no one posting in the other football thread.

P.S. I hate that this thread is named soccer and I live in North America.

PKS

N00b
Brando not mentioning Chelsea, nice.

Sensible return to a top 4 this season, Leicester to finish around 8th if they are lucky.

1. City. They already had a great squad but have added some interesting players with Gundogan, Jesus (but coming later?) and Sane & Nolito. Their squad was title worthy last season until they thought publicly announcing a manager mid season was great. In theory you'd expect professionals to work around that no problem but stats show how awful they were since that happened...
  2. UTD. MASSIVE bias to say they'll finish 2nd, fuelled by emotion and not logic. I was a minority fan against the LvG sacking. But at least Mourinho doesn't fuck about with transfers. Just waiting for Pogba with all indications saying its about 95% to happen. Pretty strong first XI now, really I only question how the forwards will operate. Mhiki deployed as a winger will struggle to adapt, Lingard is always predictably average (LvG liked this), and I'll bet Martial will have 2nd season syndrome.
  3. Chelsea. Still a great squad but they don't scream title contenders if they think buying Lukaku...don't know much about Batshuayi but Kanté .. of course played great last season yet don't see this jumping them to title contenders given his position and what Chelsea already have.
  4. Arsenal - meh. Xhaka to cover for their injured midfielders. Great! Still going to be 4th. Not close to title.
  5. Tottenham - overrated last season because in contrast everyone else was terrible. They still played fairly decently so I'd expect them to be in the top 4 for at least half of the season but ultimately drop to 5th. No where close to title. A great season will be 4th.
  6. West Ham - might be 7th, might be 5th. They can clearly beat anyone on their day it seems, Cabayé still looks like he's staying and I guess 6th would be a great finish. Probably 7th but I'd prefer Liverpool to rank lower in my preseason predictions.
  7. Liverpool - Expecting a sub par season. Finish 2 spots below the squad is worth, with no surprises no upsets. Sold a bunch of players, including Ibe? Who looked promising in the 2015/16 preseason, and on the odd occasion in the league. Strange. Mané is the answer to relying solely on Coutinho for inspiration? I doubt it for now. Having said that, Coutinho can be relied on fairly often.
  8. Not Leicester
  9. Not Leicester
  10. Might be Leicester. Top 10 the target. Be silly not to mention them but not within a dream of a dream to be near the top 4 let alone title contenders. Freak show is over.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So long as Ossoi gets lost on the way here this thread should be good. Think City should win it, Arsenal, as ever, two signings away....

hahaha. This thread is low down on my list of threads to visit here, mainly because I don't really care what a bunch of newcomers think about the PL. I'll make sure to remember to check in now that I know you miss me.

I'll also repeat my offer from last year - if anyone is going to be in the UK and wants to see a LFC home game, then with enough notice I should be able to make it happen.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Brando not mentioning Chelsea, nice.

Chelsea were 10th last season. Adding Conte and another DM makes them now title contenders? Not saying it's not possible but I'd like to see some real games first.

Div

Not having that that soul sucking manager around does make them title contenders. They did win it 2 years ago with pretty much the same squad.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not having that that soul sucking manager around does make them title contenders. They did win it 2 years ago with pretty much the same squad.

Mourinho rode that squad into the ground. I don't think any of them have been the same since. Hazard had some flashes at the end of the year but his Euro's were pretty blah. Matic, Fabregas, Ivanovic, and Oscar at minimum haven't shown any life in over a year.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
JOHN STONES has joined Manchester City today from Everton in a deal worth £47.5million with £2.5m in add ons.

The money in this league is nuts right now.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will be interesting to see how Mourinho lines up our players now with all our potential transfer targets being successfully bought! There's going to be some disappointed bench sitters this season.

Div

I wonder where Mata is going to go. Maybe West Ham or Everton, or back to Spain.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's going to be a interesting season that is for sure.

Also I am looking forward to seeing the Wolves enter the EPL again with their new Billionaire Chinese owner.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fuck, why is the Arse/Liverpool game on Sunday? Daughter has an 8am game....

Excited we get to see some real game, think the title is just as much up for grabs as last year.

Div

EPL is back woot!

I am really excited to see what Ibrahimovic can do in the EPL, and how Leicester will cope with Champions League.

ManU in the Europa league and so on.

As an Arsenal fan though, I can't recall ever feeling so blah about us having at least a bit of a chance to win the league.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Fuck, why is the Arse/Liverpool game on Sunday? Daughter has an 8am game....

Excited we get to see some real game, think the title is just as much up for grabs as last year.

Because the games aren't scheduled based around what people are doing 5318 miles away (yes I googled the distance :D)

I'm guessing you didn't go and see any LFC pre-season games? Friend of a friend works at the club and was on the tour, I probably could have arranged some tickets if I knew sooner, but then games weren't a sellout anyway?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eh? I figured LFC would be mainly playing in Saturday's during the season due to no European commitments.

I went to the Chelsea/Liverpool game, what's your point? That you could have saved me a grand? Oh well..