Soccer 2017-2018

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah maybe I'm giving too much credit to Spain's experience, if you look at the stage matches, sure, Russia looks better than that, maybe they lost on purpose vs Uruguay, but still all they beat was an underwhelming Egypt and a shitty Saudi Arabia.
Likewise I get uneasy feeling I am underestimating the English who looked to be slacking on purpose to get the easier half of draw. From what I've heard English do have low expectations on their shoulders and so might just click better than their usual underwhelming performances.

Whats teh feeling like in England for your chances?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Likewise I get uneasy feeling I am underestimating the English who looked to be slacking on purpose to get the easier half of draw. From what I've heard English do have low expectations on their shoulders and so might just click better than their usual underwhelming performances.

Whats teh feeling like in England for your chances?

Overall the country seem happy for the Colombia game, most people seem to think we will win. Honestly I think, optimism is a dangerous thing as an England fan. Whatever happens if we lose the game against Colombia Southgate will get buttfucked in the press. Myself i'm pretty happy with the Colombia draw and think we have a squad that's more than capable of beating them. But, it's England and they can fold under pressure. We need to be offensive as hell in these next games as we look fucking terrible at the back sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Belgium looks like the best team in the tournament for me, but will they choke when pressure is on as per usual? Brazil maybe most talented but haven't gotten into gear yet. England a dark horse, and look to be right there on paper. Spain, Portugal both have the talent. Been a great WC, pumped for the next 4 days of games.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Here's the way the bookmakers see it right now.

Brazil 7/2
Spain 4/1
Belgium 13/2
England 15/2
France 8/1
Croatia 12/1
Argentina 14/1
Colombia 22/1
Uruguay 22/1
Portugal 25/1
Switzerland 33/1
Russia 66/1
Sweden 66/1
Mexico 66/1
Denmark 80/1
Japan 125/1

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
An interesting take on Spain: on paper sure, but at end of day not certain Spain is that strong compared to a motivated Russia home team. I suppose the experience and intangibles are what make the knockout stages so interesting and might tip the scales towards teams with more depth. They certainly have potential to play like Germany over Brazil in that crazy 2014 Semi-final.
The main reason for that 7-1 was that Thiago Silva was out and the other Brazilian defenders are complete idiots. For example David Luiz was never where he was supposed to be, because there was no Thiago Silva on the field to tell him where to be. Because the idiot needs that kind of guidance, similar to some of the more stupid NFL players the QB has to walk to their position before every single play and explain them personally what they'll be doing now.

it sure as fuck wasn't our great offense (that couldn't score against Argentina in the finals during regular time), they just recognized a very weak Brazil and kept going.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
URUGUAY vs PORTUGAL

FRANCE vs ARGENTINA

BRAZIL vs MEXICO

BELGIUM vs JAPAN

SPAIN vs RUSSIA

CROATIA vs DANEMARK

SWEDEN vs SWITZERLAND

COLOMBIA vs ENGLAND

Winner bold

Szlia

You know it was all fun and games to have 17 subs out of 22 players in that Belgium vs England match, but suddenly their main team will not have played an actual soccer match for the whole tournament before facing Japan or Colombia. They are not extraordinary opponents, but they can play, so I would be surprised if both favorites go through with ease.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
all I want is for France and Brazil to lose, then Argentina to lose, then Russia to lose

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, watch me sprint 10 meters faster than you sprint 5. After I ran over half the field.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users