Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20231205_225452.jpg

Finally watched this (for free), came here to point out how completely blatant of a trans metaphor this is with the colors and the things she's saying. Tons of subliminal messaging with this movie.

...then I get here and find everyone talking about the colors already. Lawl. Yeah it was pretty obvious, not surprised everyone saw it.

Found the movie to be pretty entertaining and extremely creative. Take the ham-fisted messaging/allegories out of it and you have a high-quality production here. Lots of easter eggs that I didn't get, but I imagine long-time Spidey fans got a lot out of this. Having Peter be a dad (and be in an actual healthy relationship) was nice.

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to this, it's okay but not nearly as good as the first movie. Animation still bothers my brain but at least it's different I guess.

That said I thought Spiderman 2099 should have wiped the floor with them. I haven't read/followed the comics for a while now so I might be wrong. Wasn't 2099 spiderman the most powerful with tech on top of it?

Last edited: