Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hope the heads literally rolled. Like, on the floor after being removed from their support body.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So realistically the claims about her on the internet had a 99% of being started by fired artists. Sony could also ruin their careers given that it was banned in countries and caused an obvious monetary loss.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Knowing someone who worked on the lighting and VFX for this movie, the artists decided to put that in there without permission. Sony was unaware until the last minute and had no choice but to let it stay due to the scheduling and work required to remove it. Nobody was happy about it, as I understand, so I don't fault Sony on this one, I fault shitty artists who decided to put politics like that in as a Fuck You to people. Artists hide stuff all the time, but they knew what they were pushing on this one. Pretty sure a couple heads rolled as a result.
I wonder what would be cheaper, fixing a few seconds of film or the money they lost from the movie being banned in Saudi Arabia and UAE, not to mention people in the USA tired of it and not going to see it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I wonder what would be cheaper, fixing a few seconds of film or the money they lost from the movie being banned in Saudi Arabia and UAE, not to mention people in the USA tired of it and not going to see it.
Have we heard if the trans stuff will affect the China market yet?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Knowing someone who worked on the lighting and VFX for this movie, the artists decided to put that in there without permission. Sony was unaware until the last minute and had no choice but to let it stay due to the scheduling and work required to remove it. Nobody was happy about it, as I understand, so I don't fault Sony on this one, I fault shitty artists who decided to put politics like that in as a Fuck You to people. Artists hide stuff all the time, but they knew what they were pushing on this one. Pretty sure a couple heads rolled as a result.
Did Sony make a statement condemning the inclusion?
No, then fuck them...hope they lose billions for it. Remember, silence is violence. If you ain't against it then you are for it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Have we heard if the trans stuff will affect the China market yet?

its been pretty popular in china, earning over $40m so far over 2 or 3 weeks. I doubt the little flag or colors means anything to them, besides its only black and white people being retarded in the movie so I doubt they care about the social messages that much. I think the only asian person in the movie is the anime robot chick so japanese anyways?

Artists in China have made a ton of cool posters for Miles Morales, they seem to really like the character although if movie #3 has Gwen turning out to have a cock and Miles is into it, then things may change lol

spronk

FPS noob
the sequel is penciled to release next year but apparently very little work has been done on it and its probably not gonna release till 2026

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Since the last post the next movie has been delayed indefinitely, as expected.

Across the Spider-Verse is now available for paid streaming. Over a dozen featurettes on design, story, easter eggs, etc.

Expected to hit Netflix by the end of the year via Sony's deal w/ them.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, good movie i'm not sure if I like it more than the first one, i think without part 2 its tough to judge. it does end on a cliffhanger so something to think about if you hate dangling plot points. Kids will love it, i honestly felt like an old man struggling to keep up with the art style while watching it (in theaters) but nothing wrong with that, I'd rather be confused than bored.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was good enough but way too long. Especially with a sequel planned. Not even close to as good as the first one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thought it was a good movie. Nothing really memorable that makes me want to watch it again. First one had multiple memorable scenes. I had to look up who did the music(Daniel Pemberton) because this movie felt like someone copying the first without really understanding how much the music helped.

Trans flag was silly. So was the "here's the museum where the British stole all our stuff". You don't get to turn Manhattan into Mumbai and then still try to make such specific real-life commentary.

Scenes with just Gwen felt really washed out, visually. Maybe they were doing this with other characters too and their colors look more natural. But those pinks, whites, purples, were really jarring. And that's saying something for this movie.

I didn't like how many Spidermen were ok with essentially predestination. Seems antithetical to the character.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would have been better if they did an installment with Gwen as the MC introducing the whole multi-verse, Hobie, Mayday, Miguel, etc without any Miles. Instead they became the side stories that overran the middle installment and we already have a 4-way going into the final part of the trilogy. Which will have years of separation because of the strikes.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just finished watching it on netflix. I enjoyed the animation style. Diversity spiders were cringe, but the comic book story under it all was solid, and hopefully the 2nd half can deliver.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you all got what you deserved for watching race swapped tranny cock spiderman

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_8448.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user